Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna hear from some of you people runnin nitrous. What shot, brand, problems, everything. I want to get an idea of what my car can handle and whats best for it.thanks

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
00 Lude. ZEX 75 shot dry. ZEX is the best dry kit if you don't plan on spraying over 75. If you want dp, NOS is the way to go. Stay away from Venom and check the Nitrous forum for the Newbie sticky. You will want a bottle heater, purge and pressure gauge for accessories.... Hit me up with any questions.....

No problems at all with the ZEX kit. It is made by comp cams. 75 shot pulls hard like a motha.....

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Vtec Mike said:
...this is a little off topic but Ludeboy what do you run w/zex??
I ran a 14.89 all motor, then a 14.9 when it was hot outside all motor. I ran a 14.3 with the 75 shot, traction limited with the auto and a 2.3 short time. Wait till I get my drag radials..... SCC did a profile of a SS lude that ran a 13.9 with a NOS setup, 100 shot. I am not too far from that.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes....It is worth it...Jus installed a ZEX kit and 55shoot jets on it (stealth style) and that same day got pulled over by the cops. Got a fixit ticket (but not for the ZEX thank god!)..But the Kit it well worth it!:D..Can't wait for the 75 shot when i get my ignition and clutch

·
Registered
48 Posts
If I out Zex on what else do i have to do........

I just totaled my accord, I am buying a 1992 Prelude si this weekend. I plan on doing all engine shit first to the car. If I put 75 shot of Zex what else do I have to do to the engine so I don't blow my engine up. Most of the car is stock, it only has aftermarket cold air and custom cat back exhaust. I saw that someone else asked about it but I would like to know too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 98 lude,5spd. I got a direct port plate system from NOS and i running 100 shot with no problem, Dont know my times exactly but im guessing mild 13's to low 13's. I say that cuz i beat a crx that ran a 13.6, so why im guessing run something near that. I havent taking to the track becuz I'm only 17 and you have to be 18 to run there:( .

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have a question on the NOS subject. Is there any way that you can have a 20-30 shot? It my be stupid question but I am just looking for a little kick to help get me off the line.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
you should put on a direct port system....run a 100 shot....just rip it up with the nos DP kit....each cylinder gets the right amount and it gets mixed before.

my buddy has the zex kit on his ford tarus sho.

before zex his WHP was 200.

after zex 55 shot

240 WHP.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ssrprelude said:
I have a question on the NOS subject. Is there any way that you can have a 20-30 shot? It my be stupid question but I am just looking for a little kick to help get me off the line.
would you even feel a 30 shot?? I hear people who start with a 50 arent impressed

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I think NX has a 35 shot. You can definately feel a 55 shot. And I hear you can definately feel the 35 shot. All I know is the difference between the ZEX 55 and 75 shot feels like a lot more then 20 horses.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
To say ZEX is the best brand out there would be misinformation. NX, NOS, Edelbrock, and ZEX are equally good systems. You have to pick the one that is right for you. NX has the biggest solenoids and offers a great wet kit with the lowest available shot jet. The cost for that kit is comparable with the rest. NOS is the only real choice for dp injection and they have a strong dry kit. Edelbrock is the best looking kit. ZEX has the best purge solenoid. It is the easiest to install and very easy to hide. (If one were so inclined) Plus it is also the cheapest. The base kit retails for 599 but you can get it for aound 450 shipped street price. Also it is the ONLY kit that measures actual nitrous bottle pressure and then bleeds it to your fpr to maintain the proper air/fuel ratio. This is great for beginners because it makes the kit virtually foolproof. If you are scared of blowing shit up, then the ZEX kit is the way to go. The only names I would avoid are Venom, Sniper, and Dyno Tune.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey Ludeboy, j/w cuz im trying to head your way but you said u ran a 14.8 in a SS lude? IF so, what were your mods? I'm trying to get at least into 14's if possible and slap on some nos or SC. Also did u use auto or the SS mode? Torque brake?

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got the NX wet kit and it is really good......wet kit is definately the way to go......heres why:
Honda intake manifolds are biased to the first cylinder, moreso when N20 is injected (due to its lower mass/density). This means that when using a fogger kit the first cylender takes 37% of the N20, the 2nd takes 23%, 3rd 20%, ect....now with a dry kit fuel is given via the injectors, so essensially each cylinder gets 25% of the extra fuel (since injectors cant be controlled indivually). This means that cyl. 1 has 37% N20 25% fuel ( lean, bad), cyl 2 has 23% N20 and 25% fuel (ok), 3/4 have 20% N20 25% fuel.......now a wet kit shoots fuel and nitrous together, and while the system is still as bias to the cylinders, it is proportionate with the fuel, i.e. cyl 1 37% N20/fuel, cyl 2 23%N20/fuel, ect.
This doesnt mean dry isnt reliable, cause it is, it just means the wet kit is easier on your internals in the long run. This is the physics of the situation.....its hondas fault for their crappy manifolds

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.