·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: boost_aholic97

·
Registered
212 Posts
i see his vids all the time. man that STi made you look like you were sleeping at the line! and what was up with bouncing off the rev limiter? were you just caught up in the moment of the launch and forgot to shift? either way man great vid! REP FO JOO

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol. no i remembered to shift. its just that i had been running the shit out of it all night and when the tranny gets hot it gets a little hateful. Especially when you're trying to shift it like i do. Plus factor in a semi broken tranny mount that makes the shifter bounce and lil on a take off and sometimes its kinda hard. lol i probably should have explained that when i posted. lol still a funny vid though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nice try dude.... your like me ...... ill race anything and everything.... till i raced a 03 cobra with 624whp and a supercharger wine you could here from a mile away........ lets just say i stoped :eek

·
Registered
783 Posts
pathfinder686 said:
Nice try dude.... your like me ...... ill race anything and everything.... till i raced a 03 cobra with 624whp and a supercharger wine you could here from a mile away........ lets just say i stoped :eek
You drive a pathfinder?

·
Registered
671 Posts
A STi is nothing without it's awd launch. From a roll it's only a mid 14 sec car.

·
Registered
162 Posts
can't see vid.
sti's are great, but evo mr's are better :D

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
rev 2 10k said:
A STi is nothing without it's awd launch. From a roll it's only a mid 14 sec car.

Your kidding right? An STI pulls on a SRT4 from a roll barely, but still pulls, and traps 102 to 104. Thats the trap speed of a mid to high 13 second car. A WRX trapping at 94 to 96 MPH is more likely to pull a mid 14 without a launch. I ran 14.7 when I first got my car bogging the launch with just a GP moto intake elbow and filled tranny mount.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh make no mistake about it. i wasn't trying to beat my buddies sti. we just wanted to make a vid showing how almost impossible it is for a fwd to keep up off the line. I don't mind showing the vid. i'm racing my boy so i don't care. i've had my ass handed to me a number of times. lol But i will tell ya that from a 50 roll in 2nd gear (for me) to 130 its all he can do to pull 2-3 cars. Not bad for a gsr with basic bolt ons vs a sti 18psi, 4inch downpipe, 3 inch exhaust. I've ran a number of stock sti's from a roll and its pretty much dead even. I've had only one stock sti that pulled me by half a car. I wonder how bad my buddy would pull me if i got a fidanza 7.5lb flywheel, skunk manifold, and ecu chipped to 8800. I could get all that for $400. Bet he wouldn't pull much if anything.

·
Registered
357 Posts
mugenteggy said:
oh make no mistake about it. i wasn't trying to beat my buddies sti. we just wanted to make a vid showing how almost impossible it is for a fwd to keep up off the line. I don't mind showing the vid. i'm racing my boy so i don't care. i've had my ass handed to me a number of times. lol But i will tell ya that from a 50 roll in 2nd gear (for me) to 130 its all he can do to pull 2-3 cars. Not bad for a gsr with basic bolt ons vs a sti 18psi, 4inch downpipe, 3 inch exhaust. I've ran a number of stock sti's from a roll and its pretty much dead even. I've had only one stock sti that pulled me by half a car. I wonder how bad my buddy would pull me if i got a fidanza 7.5lb flywheel, skunk manifold, and ecu chipped to 8800. I could get all that for $400. Bet he wouldn't pull much if anything.
I like the STI. It is a machine MADE to be raced. I am not ragging on you. I do enjoy watching a good race. When I am losing I don't want to show it though. That is why I said what I said about your skills.

I would never post anything on the internet, friend or foe, about them owning a faster car, because, I think my car is the baddest thing on the planet, and then when it is proven that it is not, it spoils my day. :p ;) :rolleyes

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
rev 2 10k said:
That has got to be a fucking joke.

I would pick a STI over a EVO MR also for a couple reasons,1 being the EVO has jack shit for power before the turbo spools and 2 the low speed turning radious(sp) of the EVO is absolutly un acceptable for me.

Also the STI is sold as a detuned racecar with everything you need to hit the track/rally coarse(not drag track)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.