Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97-01 ludes??

i know they were made in japan and importing costs played a factor on pricing them..but damn..

no leather option..gay ass temperature levers(i hatem)
no fogs(only japan), no gadgets., only SH has body colored kit.
the biggest piss off...FRONT WHEEL DIRVE(why honda, why?)

the car to me is just plain.

i love my car, i love it alot..but sometimes im like dayum..cuz when i ride in my friends IS300 im like man its simple but has the little things....it seems like honda didnt' spend time with it..like they just wanted a sportier car then a civic..but not more then a s2000...
wut do u think?

·
Registered
551 Posts
It does have an impressive engine and an almost unparalleled suspension. Plus ATTS is unique to the Prelude and is IMHO an amazing addition.

For the money though it probably could have used some extras but to me only the driving experience matters and my Prelude makes me :D

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
This is why it was discontinued.. no sales due to their HIGH ass price with low quality ( no offense, I own a lude... but it's a 4th gen. ;) )

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i take no offense..cuz my friend has a 4gen..and i love the interior..nice electrtonic look. and leather option...

but i love the exterior of the 5gen's...4gen interior w/ 5gen ext.=

AWSOME LUDE.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
What is a 6 supposed to do? S2k is a 4, Lotus used to be 4's. Indy cars are 4's. Porsche successfully competes with the rest of the V10 and V8 supercars with a 6.

USDM Ludes have fogs. And who wants leather???

Also your friends IS was a heck of alot more then your Lude.

Also, TWSG, could you please remove me as moderator of the Classifieds section? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
4th Gen had bad sales just like the 5th gen. I personally think the 5th gen is a far superior car to the 4th gen also, evidently so did Honda that's why they replaced the 4th with the 5th.

TSWG said:
This is why it was discontinued.. no sales due to their HIGH ass price with low quality ( no offense, I own a lude... but it's a 4th gen. ;) )

·
Registered
866 Posts
sdeva001 said:
4th Gen had bad sales just like the 5th gen. I personally think the 5th gen is a far superior car to the 4th gen also, evidently so did Honda that's why they replaced the 4th with the 5th.
idiot, that's not why they replaced the 4th gen. they didn't think the 4th gen was so bad that they had to come out with a new, fresher car. :p that's the cycle of progression my friend. out with the old, in with the new. but that doesn't necessarily mean new is better. it's not a replacement, but a continuation of the model. whatever sporty coupe honda releases next hopefully, WILL be a replacement since preludes have been discontinued. not coz the 5th gen was such a bad car but that's just the way it is.

·
Registered
952 Posts
DDR2 said:
idiot, that's not why they replaced the 4th gen. they didn't think the 4th gen was so bad that they had to come out with a new, fresher car. :p that's the cycle of progression my friend. out with the old, in with the new. but that doesn't necessarily mean new is better. it's not a replacement, but a continuation of the model. whatever sporty coupe honda releases next hopefully, WILL be a replacement since preludes have been discontinued. not coz the 5th gen was such a bad car but that's just the way it is.
I agree, newer doesn't mean better... just look at civics... its all been down hill since '95

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Ludeboy said:
What is a 6 supposed to do? S2k is a 4, Lotus used to be 4's. Indy cars are 4's. Porsche successfully competes with the rest of the V10 and V8 supercars with a 6.

USDM Ludes have fogs. And who wants leather???

Also your friends IS was a heck of alot more then your Lude.

Also, TWSG, could you please remove me as moderator of the Classifieds section? Thanks. :)
what indy cars are 4's????
champ cars are v8 tt and irl cars are v8 as well.

**edit** yeah esprits were turbo 4's until about 96 i think.
the eilse now. they still use 4's.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I didn't think honda went cheap...........rather have race seats then slippery leather anyways........its always too hot or too cold........

u can get USDM fogs as stated above..........and are 4cyl. are awesome.............look at American cars and i bet u won't think honda went cheap w/ the interior...........they have some of the cheapest looking knobs, etc in there:sleep:

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was saying they dont have any freekin options available..i dont want all of them to have leather..but i would like some luxury..some kinda classiness...

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ya, i'm the idiot all right. :rolleyes: They replaced the 4th gen, because it was outdated which is the same reason they replace every car not because they tought "hey why don't we spend millions of dollars replacing a car with another car thats not any better, that would be fun". They make new cars to keep up with growing technology and style and to stay competative.

"it's not a replacement, but a continuation of the model."

So you are trying to tell me they don't try to make the car better when continuing it. YA, that sounds like a real good business idea. While evryone else is making better and better cars lets keep ours the exact same. If that was the case then the 5th gen lude would have 3-speeds and less than 100 horse power just like the 79 lude did.

DDR2 said:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
261 Posts
If all of you guys are still waiting for the Prelude replacement, look no farther than the new 2003 Honda Accord Coupe. Yes, the one that looks like a Mercedes from behind. It has a V6, and a six-speed stick/five-speed auto, a back seat that fits tall American people, and a comparable price to a Prelude. Then there's all the options, the interior, etc.
If the Prelude were $3000 cheaper, I think the price would have been justified. It was probably the numbers that killed it rather than the car itself. It was relatively expensive, the back seat is small (I fit fine, though) and so is the trunk. People said the suspension was "stiff" had 'only' four cylinders...

But it was quiet and comfortable for a sporty coupe, ATTS kicks ass, and the H22 is strong at low and high RPMs unlike the B-series engines. The Prelude is probably the last "traditional" front wheel drive Honda to be sold in the US. Double wishbones.
Honda's thought was, if someone wanted a luxurious car, they'd either step up to the CL/CL-S or the Accord V6.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The new accord with 240 hp is the worst replacement for the lude...it's big, bulbous, and probably isn't any faster than a prelude around the track.

The center of gravity looks favorable for a prelude not this new accord, what is honda doing...?

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
for real..i dont like the new accords at all..and i dont think of them as a replacement..if honda was smarter, they would make a bigger marketing stratagy and hype up the lude, and back it up at the same time....

HONDA needs to FUCKIN "THINK" wut does the majority of people buying these type of cars like...hmmm..speed, looks, electronics...DUYY.

AHAHA..anyway thanx for all ur replies fellas.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey,

I spent quite some time looking for a nice import. All i saw on the road were civics grinding around with these big air dams and goofy spoilers. The prelude says something else. It says, "look at me.. I'm not a civic, i'm not an integra, i'm not like anything else out there." The car handles nicely, fits like a glove, and around 5500 rpm it becomes everything i wanted out of a car. So what if it's heavy. The only reason it's got so much weight is because of all the chicks crammed in the back! I've only had my prelude for aboput a year and in that time i've only put about 8K on it. I started with the intake, then the cat back. Figured out how to install the ignition. Now im looking for headers and a vtec controller. i don't think honda held anything back with the prelude. Theres nothing cheap about dusting neons and cav's all night long!

·
Registered
521 Posts
SOLID! The prelude is a solid car that handles the balls. If you wanted speeed you should of got a rustang. I've had my car for about 4 years now and I love everyday I'm in it. I think its one of the best cars on the road. And hell its one of the most original looking ones too, both 4th and 5th. THey might look different from each other but the stand out from the rest.

Dan

·
Registered
110 Posts
I agree...on the leather ...it should have been standard.....

but I still love my car!!!! 98 mist sums it up pretty good!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts