Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
legally in south carolina if a cop is going fifteen over the speed limit or above light and siren must be activated
key word, "legally" cops dont care at times, its common around me for cops to hit the lgihts to blast through stoplights, only to turn them off and keep cruising. Other cops drive the speed limit and will let you drive faster as long as you are not Speedracer. Others yet will happily cruise aeround 15 over and the second they catch you doing 10 over they tag you.

There are no "chiseled" rules for cops to follow. Just drive goood, make all your movements smoothly as possible, and you wont have any troubles. and 85 versus 70 is what, 60 second difference in 20 miles of driving? pointless to be pissed

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
I was assuming the laws and a behavior policy was recognized. I meant "chiseled" laws as in ethics. Some cops have poor ethics and it effects the people they deal with.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Who would imagine that a cop might need to be somewhere in a hurry? Just because we arent running our lights doesnt mean we arent going to a call. There has to be certain criteria to authorize an emergency response. However, cops that do this job long enough know that even though certain information wasnt articulated to the dispatcher to authorize an emergency response, we still have to get to where we're going in a hurry. That may cause an officer to put his lights on briefly to get through in intersection or most commonly speed past you with no lights at all.
That said, I realize some cops got shit to do. But Ive seen a cop do that so he could beat sometraffic down to the local culvers so he could stuff his fat face.

From a cops perspective, tthat cop running those lights is responding to something that could possibly blow up into something really bad, I understand that. Im speeaking from my view, and 50% of the time I seen their destination after they blow a light, and most of the time its food related. Others do that and then find a somewhat hidden parking spot to do radar.

The other 50% of the time, The cop blowing lights in respondce to a call that might get big, actually saved the life of a friend. It was a group fight that turned ugly, cops were called, and one such cop heard it and starting on his way, blowing lights left and right, and got there in the nick of time to stop some lil gangsta wannabe fuck tard from shooting friend of mine.

When I say its annoying or bad, what I really mean is that cops are sometimes abusing their power. Not all the time, but enough to make themselves look bad and some people take that out on the whole police force

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
True dat, Id support regulation of the cops, but then you have to look at it from their view. They are being challenged by the very people they work for, which could make some cops even harder to deal with.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Quota is simply measuring there work effort, they cant do a quota because if it was enforced, there would be even more possible issues.

5 over is plenty reason for a ticket, assuming you have a working speedometer and the radar or laser is calibrated. The radar/laser enough isnt good for a ticket, it also is the cops judgement.

Go the speed limit and you should be fine. Seems to me americans like getting whereever way too fast. I enjoy driving, hence why dont mind getting stuck behind a slow moving semi, helps my gas mileage as well :lol drafting FTW :lmao

·
Registered
10,346 Posts

Thats right bitches, honda on patrol :lol

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
i think hes acting like that for his own entertainment

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
It was mentioned before, they keep track of pullovers and what not, and I think VTEC said that if one officer has a lot less, it might hurt how he looks on the records, when it could be completely legit, hence why cops seem to be more active around the end of the month.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
im not a cop but i can answer this question pretty easliy..... follow the rules and you will not get pulled over!
I did follow the rules. Im not mad, im more curious than annoyed, I was just wondering on a cops perspective.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
thats why jobs suck :lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.