Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i rebuilt my engine and its way faster than i ever thought it would be, i have raced at least 8 gsr's, most of them have had I/H/E on them, i even raced a couple of them multiple times, i am so surprised that i kill them, i mean i just leave them hard, i have never raced one on the HWY but i would love to see how that turns out, i have done a 2nd gear take off against a gsr and i left him hard, could it be that my torq is way up now, if anyone could give me an explanation as to why this is, i am selling it and some people don't belive that i could ever bet a gsr, if anyone lives in Kansas i will also prove it. i just want to know an explanation for this, i have not had it dynode. Below is what i did to it.

SRP pistons (manufactured by JE) 10:5:1 compression
Eagle 3D forged rods 4340 forged steal
Wiseco XC Piston Rings
ARP Head Studs
New Head Gasket
AEM Cold Air intake
AEM Bypass Valve
B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator
B&M Fuel Pressure Gage
MSD Spark Plug Wires
Eibach Sport line Springs
Tsudo Exhaust

· Premium Member
3,213 Posts
Godspeed said:
i rebuilt my engine and its way faster than i ever thought it would be, i have raced at least 8 gsr's, most of them have had I/H/E on them, i even raced a couple of them multiple times, i am so surprised that i kill them, i mean i just leave them hard, i have never raced one on the HWY but i would love to see how that turns out, i have done a 2nd gear take off against a gsr and i left him hard, could it be that my torq is way up now, if anyone could give me an explanation as to why this is, i am selling it and some people don't belive that i could ever bet a gsr, if anyone lives in Kansas i will also prove it. i just want to know an explanation for this, i have not had it dynode. Below is what i did to it.

SRP pistons (manufactured by JE) 10:5:1 compression
Eagle 3D forged rods 4340 forged steal
Wiseco XC Piston Rings
ARP Head Studs
New Head Gasket
AEM Cold Air intake
AEM Bypass Valve
B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator
B&M Fuel Pressure Gage
MSD Spark Plug Wires
Eibach Sport line Springs
Tsudo Exhaust
This jusy my .02¢ so ignore me but i gotta raise the

I had a 94 GS-R w/ i/h/e and it ran 14.6 and your setup isn't taking you from low 16's to low 14's which is what it sounds like your claiming since you're killing them hard and stuff. Just doesn't add up. No offense to you, maybe you're beating bad drivers.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see i get this all the time, until i race them, and then there like you have nos! but anyway, thaks for your .02

· Premium Member
3,213 Posts
Godspeed said:
see i get this all the time, until i race them, and then there like you have nos! but anyway, thaks for your .02
we still cool right? no hard feelings right? i ain't trying to start shit! hope you didn't take that the wrong way!;)

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we are still cool, im used to it, i wish i could put a race on video so that i wouldn't have people not beliving me, i have looked at torq #'s and stock on an ls is 124 peak, and on a gsr its 128 peak, so i wonder if this is the reason i am beating gsr's

· Registered
1,017 Posts
I have to say I am a skeptic. You are running only 10.5:1 compression. That isn't much over a GSR. There has to be something else to this story.

· Registered
48 Posts
i don't really believe it. unless you have something else thats not in that setup you posted. but personally, i don't think you can take them on becasue you don't have VTEC. i drove NEO's car and his car is supercharged and his top end really sucks. i mean, it's slow at the top end, unlike the GSR when you hit 5-6K, you RPM's will fly quicker. i need to see it to believe it.

Jay

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fine i will throw out a challenge, if there is any gsr in Kansas city, Lawrence or Topeka, anywhere in between those places i will race you, just to prove it, if anyone knows of anyone email me at [email protected], im not afraid to prove it, it needs to be soon because it is for sale, i don't want this to turn it to a grudge match between the ls people ant the gsr people, vtecs are great, but i will beat any gsr that is all motor, i don't know about, cam upgrades but anything else I/h/e im up for it.

· Registered
183 Posts
my ls takes gsr's all the time and all i have is i/e

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok no a stock ls, with i/e i doubt that one, maybe off the line but thats about it

· Registered
118 Posts
MDteg_se-t said:
my ls takes gsr's all the time and all i have is i/e
i wish i had the b.s. flag to raise. my buddy has a ls with i/h/e and he is a really good drive(dam good) only runs a 15.5 and my track times(14.6) still hurt his. my gsr has i/e/ and the rest stock. i dont think you are beating gsr's but it is a nice dream.

· Registered
5 Posts
tegragsr01 said:
i wish i had the b.s. flag to raise. my buddy has a ls with i/h/e and he is a really good drive(dam good) only runs a 15.5 and my track times(14.6) still hurt his. my gsr has i/e/ and the rest stock. i dont think you are beating gsr's but it is a nice dream.
damn, thas a pretty quick gsr u got there... gsrs round here only pullin low 15s w/ i/h/e!!!

· Banned
139 Posts
Are you people smoking crack? Is this the kind of info that going on around here now?

Listen to IntegraGSR. He knows what he's talking about.

· Registered
210 Posts
A ls isnt gonna beat a gsr w/o some good cam work and bolt ons or FI. Even w/ 403's bumped cr and bolt ons its around the same hp as a bolt on gsr but its still stuck w/ its long geared tranny. Lets all just stop smoking the crack pipe and face facts. As to your car beating gsr's maybe they just dont know how to race and you do. But your car isnt that fast.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
this is no b.s., i can and have many times pulled on gsr's, i will prove it if posiable

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
damn man i wish there was a track open around here so i could prove it, i would do anything to race anyone of you guys with gsr's, also just check out times here, a stock gsr runs 0-60 in 7.1 and the ls runs 7.6 and for 1/4 mile times 15.5 and 16.00 now to be honest this dosen't seem to hard to belive for me the more i look at numbers but it just seem that you guys think that you have to have a vtec around here to make power, but you know what the vtec dosen't have good low end, its torq is crap, i know if tuan was to responed to this maybe he could explain it, but im sure i will get more people to say "that is crap, no ls can keep up with the gsr" well sorry guys i can and i will do it all day long, hell i will prove it if possiable, i don't know how but there has to be more than just me in kansas that is a member, i will check.

· Registered
31 Posts
Let the bench racing begin :D :D :D

With driver skills aside, let's take a look at how much power your motor produces, Godspeed.

So how much wheel hp are you putting down? Warn you that bumping your compression to a whopping 10.5:1CR :D ain't going to give you a magical 20-30whp and 10-20wheel torque....and I wonder what kind of header are you running?

Dude, your all motor LS has absolutely no advantange comparing to a GSR...your LS motor has no power, you have poor gear ratios, stock valvetrain and cams, no tuning device (an fpr ain't going to domuch), and only 7000 RPM redline... so tell me how on earth can you pull on GSR's with I/H/E? By the time your power drops, this is when the VTEC kicks in for the GSR...

Who said VTEC has crappy low-end torque compared to a LS? You must have forgotten that the LS motor has a little bit more displacement than a GSR, and the fact that you now have bumped up your compression to 10.5:1CR means you are comparing apples to oranges... Let's try bumping the GSR's compression ratio to 10.5:1 and give it a bit more displacement then it'll be a completely different story......

A GSR with I/H/E can easily put down 165-175whp, and I can guarantee you that your LS motor is no where near that power output. Perhaps, a dyno graph of your motor would help in this case.

But of course, if you want to include driver's skills, then all bets are off...maybe all the GSR's you've raced are all rice-boys who can't drive stick.

PS: You are not related to "God" in "Godspeed" in anyway, are you? http://godspeed.hack.net/

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.