Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why dont I see many ppl doing F series motor swaps, they sell f20's at hmotors. they make the hp and torque and aren't much more expensive than B18's and there less expensive than c5-r's

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cause people see and hear about more adds w/stuff for B's , D's , H's and not F's. Also alot of people don't realize that B, H ,F use the same valve springs ( outside ones ). It's all about marketing to what's " cool " . Also they would have to get some welding/cutting done to mate headers to cat....

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
yeah, an f22a6 with some mods in a civic (youd use the same stuff as the h22a bolt in kit) would be faster and cheaper than an b16a since it has 40% more torque......it should be making more power too and if you ever wanted to drop in the h22a, then most of the work is done......you could even use the h22a tranny with the f22a6 engine......i might buy a beater civic and try this since i already have a good motor, just to see what it would run.....i want a h22 civic anyway

most of the f series are gonna require the same stuff that the h22a swap would though.....so it would be a bit of work......the f22b DOHC non vtec engine from JDM ludes is cheap and would be different too....basically the same as our h23a1 though......

·
Registered
928 Posts
HBracer said:
Why dont I see many ppl doing F series motor swaps, they sell f20's at hmotors. they make the hp and torque and aren't much more expensive than B18's and there less expensive than c5-r's
There is a weak aftermarket comapred to the B, D, and H series motors. Also, the motors are not meant for performance. Either are the D-series in my opinion, but people and aftermarket companies make/made an attempt to make them more performance based.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts