Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a del sol driver, im sure you have experienced some people talking shit about your car?

I really don't understand why people talk and think so much smack about the del sol.
It is a very efficient and can be (with the right engine and suspension) a very powerful car.

And yet, people still talk as if its a chicks car, or a guy who is in his 50's car.
A car that cannot perform.

I noticed, its not just the del sol, people will talk smack about the Miata, MR2 (the spyder mostly, but i have heard some hate on the classic MR2's), S2000, and even heard some hate on the Lotus :eek2!
Any type of car that is a 2 door convertible! :mad

I don't think I will ever understand why these wonderful cars have such a bad reputation.
People don't understand that these cars were not built to be super cars, they were built with drivablity in mind. To have the ultimate cruise experience with much better handling over power.

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
the older mr2's are badass why would anyone hate on them, even I had one. I'm thinking about getting another.

the miata is a chicks car its that simple.

the s2000, never heard anyone call it a chicks car and I don't suppose I ever will.

del sol meh its ok but I've had better

· Registered
1,993 Posts
As a del sol driver, im sure you have experienced some people talking shit about your car?

I really don't understand why people talk and think so much smack about the del sol.
It is a very efficient and can be (with the right engine and suspension) a very powerful car.

And yet, people still talk as if its a chicks car, or a guy who is in his 50's car.
A car that cannot perform.

I noticed, its not just the del sol, people will talk smack about the Miata, MR2 (the spyder mostly, but i have heard some hate on the classic MR2's), S2000, and even heard some hate on the Lotus :eek2!
Any type of car that is a 2 door convertible! :mad

I don't think I will ever understand why these wonderful cars have such a bad reputation.
People don't understand that these cars were not built to be super cars, they were built with drivablity in mind. To have the ultimate cruise experience with much better handling over power.
You just answered your own ?. I dont like some of those cars because of the looks but im not going to bash em.

Those people that talk a bunch of junk, will later admit that building an "ugly" 2200lb car FWD around 300hp could get faster track times than a 500hp 3000lb RWD..FWD 25+mpg...:ninja. If they dont agree, well. Just walk away...

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
You just answered your own ?. I dont like some of those cars because of the looks but im not going to bash em.

Those people that talk a bunch of junk, will later admit that building an "ugly" 2200lb car FWD around 300hp could get faster track times than a 500hp 300lb RWD..FWD 25+mpg...:ninja. If they dont agree, well. Just walk away...
you sure thats right there buddy?

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Prove me wrong ill prove me right.

I also said COULD, not WILL

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
Prove me wrong ill prove me right.

I also said COULD, not WILL
you do know what a motorcycle is don't you? lots of power rwd and 300-400 lbs. I don't think that 300hp car is winning

· Registered
1,993 Posts
you do know what a motorcycle is don't you? lots of power rwd and 300-400 lbs. I don't think that 300hp car is winning
:p Smart Guy over here...3000LB correction, my bad.

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
so if it is girlie.....and all the girls want me to take them for a ride......and i have a different hot girl with me every time the "haters" see me..... i think i know why they hate.....they are not us!!! and just green with envoy. and when the big loud mouth guy at the stop light talks shit to me... well the girl in my passenger seat will laugh while she is looking at them in the rear view mirror..... it is no wonder they hate, we smash their egos and still get better gas mileage.

· Registered
38 Posts
so if it is girlie.....and all the girls want me to take them for a ride......and i have a different hot girl with me every time the "haters" see me..... i think i know why they hate.....they are not us!!! and just green with envoy. and when the big loud mouth guy at the stop light talks shit to me... well the girl in my passenger seat will laugh while she is looking at them in the rear view mirror..... it is no wonder they hate, we smash their egos and still get better gas mileage.
I have noticed this as well... especially when I have the targa off:clappy.

· Registered
195 Posts
well... miatas have no power and they are too small thats why no one buys them. S2K's are sick and lots of people build them to drift and i have never heard anyone talk shit. Personally, i think the del sol is kind of weird but to each his own. If you like it thats all that matters who cares if someone talks shit? just make sure you can beat them in a race and your golden.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
del sol's are civics most big time builders hate civics. there you go

think of how many idiot civic owners there are out there who think there civic is a lambo. do you know how many civics try to race me?

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
well... miatas have no power and they are too small thats why no one buys them. S2K's are sick and lots of people build them to drift and i have never heard anyone talk shit. Personally, i think the del sol is kind of weird but to each his own. If you like it thats all that matters who cares if someone talks shit? just make sure you can beat them in a race and your golden.
ummm s2k's are rarely built to drift. they have shitty power bands for the sport and their gearing is complicated. not to mention parts are expensive and the only way to make more power with them is boost. miatas are better for drifting because of the wheel base and the ease to make more power

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I forget where, maybe it was here? Miata with a KL DE swap, build allmotor. That thing kicked ass, I bet that woulda been a monster of a drift car, considering stock KLDE's in a probe GT coupled with a 5 speed put out fair numbers for a cheap semi-sporty car that still gets 30mpg :lmao

· Registered
195 Posts
wow sorry i meant to say time attack, my bad. There was one in utah that was built using all greddy/cwest.. tanner fousttt

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.