Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, before i get into the way I feel about this forum, I realize that this isn't a technical question, but the prelude room is the main forum that I use here on SuperHonda, and i wanted the prelude owners to see this.

Why is it that everyone gets so defensive and sensitive when people give their opinions or disagree with you. It seems that in almost every single thread (especially the thread about hitting top speeds, where 'THA CON' stated that if you street race you deserve to die) everyone is always starting shit, and arguing until there is no tommorrow.

I know this sounds weird, but i visited a marijuana forum the other day (lol) and everyone got along so well. When someone disagreed with someone he/she would simply add his/her opinion instead of getting defensive.

I also know that this thread will probably get locked, or moved, but I just wanted to know what the cause of all this hostility is about. We all have respectable cars, and are probably fairly decent people, so why can't everyone just get along?

peace, mike/

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
N1PreludeSH said:
First off, before i get into the way I feel about this forum, I realize that this isn't a technical question, but the prelude room is the main forum that I use here on SuperHonda, and i wanted the prelude owners to see this.

Why is it that everyone gets so defensive and sensitive when people give their opinions or disagree with you. It seems that in almost every single thread (especially the thread about hitting top speeds, where 'THA CON' stated that if you street race you deserve to die) everyone is always starting shit, and arguing until there is no tommorrow.

I know this sounds weird, but i visited a marijuana forum the other day (lol) and everyone got along so well. When someone disagreed with someone he/she would simply add his/her opinion instead of getting defensive.

I also know that this thread will probably get locked, or moved, but I just wanted to know what the cause of all this hostility is about. We all have respectable cars, and are probably fairly decent people, so why can't everyone just get along?

peace, mike/
all good brotha man.....some people are just assholes...you learn to like them as an asshole......like ludinitup. He hasnt been on here in awhile but his comments were always really funny to me. Just dont take it personally, or ignore the post.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
simple solution... if you're going to hate on someone just add a :hehe on the end

solves all problems

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
or if your like me.....you have a big dick...and nothing really bothers you :hehe

·
Registered
49 Posts
haha I just get sick of people making claims that they can't back up. Guess I see it on too many other forums and it bugs me. Like the guy that was askin about steering wheels, and everytime someone would respond he would just bitch that they didn't answer his question. And yeah, that top-speed thread is a buncha crap.

This forum is a lot-less drama based than KCSR.org man, there's some stupid people on there.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh i know, i could careless when people get flamed, im just curious to know what triggers them

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
98Vtec said:
all good brotha man.....some people are just assholes...you learn to like them as an asshole......like ludinitup. He hasnt been on here in awhile but his comments were always really funny to me. Just dont take it personally, or ignore the post.
yea i haven't seen that guy here in a while. all you have to do is remember this is the internet. who cares. if you're one who gets that defensive or hurt by something, or throw out gay comments then yea you're just immature.

but i think justin is right. the lude forum on SHO for the most part is good about being cool. take a look at the other forums and u'll know what i mean (OT, civic, the drag racing area, etc)

·
Registered
335 Posts
95PreludeSE said:
haha I just get sick of people making claims that they can't back up. Guess I see it on too many other forums and it bugs me. Like the guy that was askin about steering wheels, and everytime someone would respond he would just bitch that they didn't answer his question. And yeah, that top-speed thread is a buncha crap.

This forum is a lot-less drama based than KCSR.org man, there's some stupid people on there.
hmm..."everytime" someone would respond i would bitch about not answering my question. i only repsonded to YOU twice, buddy, as you were the only one who's reply somewhat bothered me. maybe i am too sensitive but go back and read the thread. i just posted a question about why one thing would cost so much more than another and you reply that you think making the purchase that i did is "rather stupid". i'm sorry, but i didnt ask for your opinion on whether or not i buying a steering wheel is cool and i found your reply somewhat insulting. it's not even that big of a deal anyhow...i only mentioned you not answering the question to be "smart" in a way for your somewhat insulting reply. here's for no hard feelings :hehe

·
Registered
544 Posts
N1PreludeSH said:
oh i know, i could careless when people get flamed, im just curious to know what triggers them
People have different views about things. They also have different ways of expressing these views. Some are mature in their words while others arent, that's all there is to it.

You aint gonna have a perfect loving forums anywhere, but if you do, it will be boring. Negative comments or immature remarks (flames) are okie so long as they are not racist, carries religious condemnation or are outright swaring. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
You aint gonna have a perfect loving forums anywhere, but if you do, it will be boring. Negative comments or immature remarks (flames) are okie so long as they are not racist, carries religious condemnation or are outright swaring. My 2 cents.
Like this?

ganjgremlin said:
if you buy that ur officially the biggest pussy in the world. obvioulsy you have no respect for your car if u decide to bolt that on. who the fuck puts an electric turbo on their car? maby some poor ass mexican with an income of about $10,000/yr that drive a 93 civic dx hatch.
:g :kick

~Peace

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
Like this?

:g :kick

~Peace

hahaha...that worked so perfectly. :clap

Reactions: IHIPrelude94

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
98Vtec said:
So what ru saying ????

:hehe jk

ludinitup is ok, sometimes ruff around the edges but hes ok.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.