Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my H22 in my Accord for almost a year now...one night I missed a shift went from 3rd to 2nd and messed some valves up in the head. I thought no problem, I'll just get new valves,springs, ret and a port job, which I did. The guy who did it had an extra H22 head sitting around from some kids motor that he blew up with too much n2o but anyway, he did all the work to that head and once it was done, I just traded heads. Anyway I got the motor all together drove it about 3 months and couldn't get the valves to stop making noise. I eventually take it to a friend who works for the guy who built my head and he tries to do a valve adjustment and it fails b/c we notice the cam has been badly worn away on the #1 cylinder exhaust side. He and the guy who built my head said it was b/c of lack of lubrication b/c I had the wrong dipstick in the car and not enough oil. Anyway I bought a whole another used head and replaced the cams and that one set of rocker arms b/c that was trashed too(only the #1 cylinder exhaust side). I get it back together and now as I do another valve adjustment 3 weeks after I just replaced my cams that same cam lobe is already showing signs of wear?!?!?!? I have plenty of oil in the motor so why is it still eating up that cam lobe and rocker!?!? I've left a message on the guys machine hopefully he'll call me. But anyway, does anyone have any idea what could be wrong, its all aftermarket valves, springs, ret....my neighbor said it may be the wrong spring or too much tension for it but the guy who built it swears its 100% perfect...what the hell do I do?!?!?!?

·
Registered
61 Posts
valves

Your aftermarket valves are too large to run with aggressive cams. That is causing your valve sound and yor cam wear. With aftermarket cams you usually need stock sized valves. Crower makes very good stock sized valves.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its stock cams with 0.5mm oversized valves....regardless why would it mess up only 1 lobe/rocker arm?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts