Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 89 hatch is overheating, ive already put in a much needed new radiator and i changed the thermostat but its still over heating. Ive pretty much givin up on this piece and i think im gonna trade it in but i would still like to know what it could be... any takers?:confused:

· Registered
1,319 Posts
"why is my shit overheating?"

haha, best headline ever. :laff:

Check

1) coolant level, make sure none is leaking

2) thermostat, if it's stuck closed it will overheat quick

3) water pump

good luck! It was fuggin hot here today. My oil temperature went over 225 F in normal stop-and-go street driving :eek:

· Registered
553 Posts
coulda been something you ate??? i dunno most of us can only help if your car was overheating, how do u know your shit is overheating anyways? put your finger in ur shit often? scary shit.

· Registered
454 Posts
I had a '84 Accord that started overheating all the time so I replaced the thermostat and it still overheated so I took back the new thermostat and got another new one and that solved the problem. I guess the first thermostat was just from a bad batch or something. You might want to try that and also what Fulgore243 said. Good luck.

· Registered
553 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my thermostat isnt stuck cuz the upper radiator hose is gettin circulation, my fans are running and ive been keeping up with the coolant level..... thanks for all tha smart ass replys (hopeful, infinatenexus...) :D they were good for a laugh, ive givin up on this car though, i wanted a new one anyway. I just wanted to know tha answer to the problem in case it happens again

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GOOD NEWS!!!! my shit is normal again...... why? i didnt do anything to it, i just noticed it wasnt overheating anymore so i took it to the highway in the country near my house and i topped out every gear and my thermostat didnt move at all, but my starter decided to self destruct, but i think thats unrelated, i bought it rebuilt from pep boys, takin it back today

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.