Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its only supposed to have 8 psi, or 75 shot, then you have to build the engine, but on like eclipses and MR2's you can put like 18psi to them stock, not a problem. even my friends SHO handles 14psi from a vortech s/c

· Registered
184 Posts
the H22 is not made to take large amounts of pressure from boost or N2o

the eclipse and MR2 on th other hand as you've mentioned, are cars that come stock with a turbo so their engines are naturally built more stronger in the bottom end to withstand the pressure.

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thats what i figured, feel kinda dumb for asking it but i keep thinking about turboing my F22, over spending a rediculous amount of cash on an H22

· Registered
2,076 Posts
Lude498 said:
ok thats what i figured, feel kinda dumb for asking it but i keep thinking about turboing my F22, over spending a rediculous amount of cash on an H22
Turbo'ing your F22 is a great idea. Although I'm sure some people will disagree. For more info. on it, visit the accord forum, or do a search. We talk about turbo'ing the F22 often. Very low compression, and can handle turbo well. There is a guy on H-T that has a turbo 1st gen CL, with a F23 that's putting out over 250hp on stock internals. Not bad IMO.

· Registered
4,212 Posts
Running turbo or supercharger is pressurized, nitrous oxide, (NOS is a brand) aka N20 is not pressurized, it just cools down the intake charge dramatically, denser air is better. So the denser the air is the more fuel you will need and igniton control/power is also needed for a larger shot of nitrous. With the proper set up, ignition system, larger fuel rail, injectors, fpr, and pump, a stock internal H22 could take more than 100 no problem. But it would be much much more better and safer if it was run direct port injected instead of single nozzle on the intake tube.

Its how its setup that keeps it running. Its just that the people that drive it, does not keep it monitored, or race it correctly. Others keep it maintanced, check everything after once in a while, with proper set up gets to keep on running long time.

I run 75 shot no problem, there are quite a bit few others running 75, and also 100 but none here that ihave heard of is running 100. Im sure somebody outside has run over 100 shot in his/her H22..

· Registered
282 Posts
Hold up,,, A eclipse holding 18psi isnt realistic.... Now as for the mr2 no owner that i know of has broke a rod or melted a piston... So the mr2 motor is real strong because the same internals in a supra are in mr2.. But the eclipse isn't as strong as you think.. I mean its belt to take excessive head from the turbo. Another reason and there is plenty of variables to this , but a honda is build around the idea of non aspirated with a higher compression. 8.5 to 1 and 10 to 1 is a big difference when you talking about boosting. The high compression leads to more heat, thus destroying internals.

· Registered
1,901 Posts
18PSI on an eclipse is very realistic. there are many dsms on stock everything running at least 15psi, thats the first thing you do to a dsm, add a boost controller and crank it. MR2s are made of cast iron blocks which can handle lots of boost and lots of pressure. you just gotta tune it CORRECTLY and you'll be fine. of course, everyone knows someone that had something happen to their car....

· Registered
210 Posts
(1)You better use 100 Octance plus if you wanna run higher Boost.(2)Change the spark plug often, cause your sparks now burn twice than be 4. If on1 of them is weak and you'll see what happen next. (3) The most important thing is Tune it right the 1st time.
One of my friend have a 99 Civic SI run 9 psi daily and 17 psi weeken race. Smoke the new model covett twice at the stop light.
I also have a 99 Prelude run 8 psi daily. So far I smoke one old model Mustang (89-90) V8 and 5.0 litter. One 98-99 transam V8, 5.7 litter that I believe. One 2000 Camero SS LS1, 325 HP. Yesterday I smoke a covertible Mustang 4.6 Litter V8.
Remenber I was race all these cars on the high way not at the stop light. Honda got no f.....king torque. Plus prelude a really heavy car 3800 pound.
Good luck on your project.
-----------------------------------
8 Psi daily stock internal.

· Registered
476 Posts
slowlude said:
(1)You better use 100 Octance plus if you wanna run higher Boost.(2)Change the spark plug often, cause your sparks now burn twice than be 4. If on1 of them is weak and you'll see what happen next. (3) The most important thing is Tune it right the 1st time.
One of my friend have a 99 Civic SI run 9 psi daily and 17 psi weeken race. Smoke the new model covett twice at the stop light.
I also have a 99 Prelude run 8 psi daily. So far I smoke one old model Mustang (89-90) V8 and 5.0 litter. One 98-99 transam V8, 5.7 litter that I believe. One 2000 Camero SS LS1, 325 HP. Yesterday I smoke a covertible Mustang 4.6 Litter V8.
Remenber I was race all these cars on the high way not at the stop light. Honda got no f.....king torque. Plus prelude a really heavy car 3800 pound.
Good luck on your project.
-----------------------------------
8 Psi daily stock internal.
This is good to hear that you beat all these cars the only thing wrong is a prelude is not 3800 pounds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.