Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<rant>

I have an 87 CRX HF with issues. When I first start it it revs to ~3000RPMS until it's ready to calm down, it idles erratically, it idles too high etc... The list goes on.... When I search for info for my D15A2 I find very little.

:bh

Not that I am about to dump a ton of money into my car in upgrades or anything but I would like to read about the potential (if any) of my motor.... Has NOONE modded the D15A2? I am going to the junkyard tomorrow for front struts and I always like to know of nearly free upgrades that you can pull off of other cars etc... but I can't seem to find info on any.

Yes, I've been to redpepperracing. They did have some good info on the brake upgrade but that's for next weekend.

Do I have the red-headed step child engine or something? It seems as though info on the carbed CRX in general is nearly non-existent. Anyway... That's my rant.

Later

</rant>

·
Registered
478 Posts
become a member at www.redpepperracing.com

they are the only people whom specialize only in the 1gcrx/3g civic on the internet. youll find anyting you need to know about them.

tell them Mike(4dr) sent you.
EDIT: i just saw u said u been there already...

no one here will really be able to help you IMHO as much as those guys can for the earlier EW motors and modding them.

u can do it tho. your looking at more old school techniques that this generation has forgetten about.

side drafts are your carbed motors friend... the EW bottom ends are actualy quite stout and are able to take well to crude forms of forced induction.

theres also alot of unseen aftermarket parts for these cars as popularity with using them in circle track racing grows.

i had a 1g crx, wish i still had it. great little 3bbl carb setup. very easy to work on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.