Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

First of all, I got stuck paying too much for them. I go to the local import shop..(there are like all of 2 in Minnesota)..

I see some nice looking ones, proper size, look like decent quality, and pick 2 up at $30 each.

Not 2 hours later, after I have them on, I browse on Ebay, and notice I can pick them up there for like $14 each. (@#*W^&*!!!)

Anyways, I have them on, I have a blue Accord, and since they are "white indiglo" they show up slightly blue, which looks nice. I also noticed....THEY AREN'T MEANT TO BE PUT ON THE FRONT, but with some small holes drilled in that front emblem bracket, you can make it happen.

They come with a spongy-styrofoam type gasket/seal...which turns out, is not at all waterproof. Water easily gets into the emblem. About a week after I had them on, they develop brown dead spots......maybe 2 days later, they are completely dead.

Yay! $60 and an effort to install them, down the drain.

Well, I do like the look of them....I have seen you can pick some up, with a light up background, or a light up "H". I would like to have some that work again, they really draw attraction to the car....

Does anyone know a way to seal them? Maybe something that worked for you, which won't hurt the paint? Or, should I strap these to a brick, and hurl them back into the import shop's window? :mad:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Personally, I'd learn from the experience and go with the brick.

A bit of clear silicone around the edges really does wonders though.

·
Registered
679 Posts
xxxHondaGuyxxx said:
Ok,

First of all, I got stuck paying too much for them. I go to the local import shop..(there are like all of 2 in Minnesota)..

I see some nice looking ones, proper size, look like decent quality, and pick 2 up at $30 each.

Not 2 hours later, after I have them on, I browse on Ebay, and notice I can pick them up there for like $14 each. (@#*W^&*!!!)

Anyways, I have them on, I have a blue Accord, and since they are "white indiglo" they show up slightly blue, which looks nice. I also noticed....THEY AREN'T MEANT TO BE PUT ON THE FRONT, but with some small holes drilled in that front emblem bracket, you can make it happen.

They come with a spongy-styrofoam type gasket/seal...which turns out, is not at all waterproof. Water easily gets into the emblem. About a week after I had them on, they develop brown dead spots......maybe 2 days later, they are completely dead.

Yay! $60 and an effort to install them, down the drain.

Well, I do like the look of them....I have seen you can pick some up, with a light up background, or a light up "H". I would like to have some that work again, they really draw attraction to the car....

Does anyone know a way to seal them? Maybe something that worked for you, which won't hurt the paint? Or, should I strap these to a brick, and hurl them back into the import shop's window? :mad:
haha probobley asking for a ticket too

·
Registered
73 Posts
shoulda just used your money for something useful.. if i would have seen a 60$ price tag on those,.. i woulda LMAO. for 60 bucks you would get a strut bar or something

·
Registered
766 Posts
brick...

·
Registered
348 Posts
i think its hot if you buy the ones that light up the background red. wire it so it lights up when you brake. if your car is hooked up to the max then it would not look too bad IMO.

·
Registered
101 Posts
All these guys calling people rice is ridiculous!!! Who cares??
If you think your ride looks good then f*ck what other people think. I have an indiglo emblem on my civic and it looks tight as hell, I get a lot of compliments on it. Not to mention the chicks love it hehe:D .

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Same story here. They suck, mine broke the first time the emblem was exposed to the rain. I also had that brown buildup inside of it. I took it off imediately and went back to stock.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And it KEEPS GETTING WORSE....

Yeah...

Like 2 days ago, my girlfriend was following me in another car...and she said she saw the back indiglo emblem working again.

I started getting a little excited...like "wow, finally something isn't breaking, maybe I am getting lucky."

So, I go back and inspect the emblem.

What I find is SPECFUCKINTACULAR. ....I noticed the " H " part of the emblem was missing. I also noticed a nice flathead screwdriver sized chip in the paint above where the emblem face USED TO BE.

So, the great thing is, YES, those emblems DO get stolen. (well, at least the face part of it)

So, now, I am left with a light up background of an emblem on my car. Then I go and check out the front emblem, I dont know if they tried to take that one, but the second I touched it...the face FELL OFF. Now I have a car with no "H's"!!!!!!!

HOW WILL ANYONE KNOW IT IS A HONDA?!?!?!?!

So, anyways...this happened at the god damn Honda dealership my girlfriend WORKS at. This is the same fuckin place that we took our car to to replace the windshield, and my $175 titanium S2000 shift knob was stolen at.
Now, th dealership was decent enough. They replaced the knob. They actually gave me the 2002 S2000 knob, which is aluminum and wrapped in leather. This would have been great....aside from the fact that it is like 1/3 the price. At least my hand doesn't freeze as much when the car is cold now.

Ok, so this is the deal. ANyone know someone who sells bricks in bulk? I think I am going to have to buy ALOT of bricks.

:mad:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
God Damn Thieves!

The other day, I went to the mall with my girlfriend. We parked the car in a pretty busy section (where we always park).

When I came out, I (for the hell of it) walked around the car, to see if anything else was stolen.

Now, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion...and yes, this is pretty "ricey" but I bought those valve stem cover lights. I know alot of people don't like them, but I get a kick out of attracting alot of attention at night when I drive.

Also, since not alot of people like those lights, figured I wouldn't have to worry about someone stealing them. Of course...that's just what happened.

They only took 3 of them. Hell, the batteries in all of them were already dead...it's not like someone seen me drive up with them on. I am about at that point, where I want to put a f***ing tarp on my car everywhere I park it.

The currrent list of problem items is as follows:

- Valve Stem Lights - 3 - $10 each - stolen
- Indiglo Emblems - 2 - $30 each - water damage, 1 stolen
- Titanium S2k shiftknob - 1 - $175 - stolen
- surely more to come...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is a pic of what happens...

See....they get brown spots. This one the cover with the H on it was taken from the car. (alot of good it will do the bastard who took it)

Anyways, that is what I am stuck with, til I figure out what I will replace it with.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I have learned to not put any elblem on because its not worth it. Stupid people jack them always for no reason.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts