Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this stock integra type r which I've raced against several modified integras and to my luck I've found out that I'm doing better 3/4 mile times. It's still complete with stock exhaust system including cathalyser and seems to be a stock ecu. Other integras include full exhaust system including 4 in one and no cathalyser, electronic ignition system and modified ecu. How can I find out if cams and ecu are still stock when consumption is still very economical compared to modified ones? And if they're still stock does anyone has any explanation for my integra being faster?

·
Registered
578 Posts
i have been told that honda throws some different stuff in a few selected car everynow and then , i was talking to someone who deals with honda heads, and he has seen bigger valves more aggresive cams and titanium retainers on STOCK honda heads,, but not alot he says. so i think honda does do this .. plus if you mod your car and dont do it right you can make it slower.. ive seen it , lol , especialy with v tec controllers lol ,ppl think the faster the v tec kick the more power, lol well not true ,you are just losing all that torqe that you need very badly in a honda so... it could be both things

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
ABCsR2EZ4Me said:
It sounds like you're racing the lower model integras - RS, LS, GS, GSR... You'd better be beating them
haha yeah not shit man. if you're racing a lightly modified rs, ls of course you're gonna beat them, you got a type r.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Because modified cars are not modified properly. Those modified cars you are talking about are ghetto modified. lego style.

A properly modified car will smoke your like stock ITR like no tomorrow, even a B18b equipped teg.

Lastly, 95% of races are based on driver, not car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Since you do have an ITR, i hope you do beat regular "modified" integras such as the GSR/ls/rs/etc. Even though some one might have an exhaust or their car might sound loud, doesnt mean that theyre fast. It mostly depends on if you know how to drive. The ITR has a better flowing head, slightly more agressive cams, high flow intake/tb/manifold/exhaust manifold/catback exhaust system. Also, the weight difference/brakes/suspension is set up different from the typical integra. Just be happy you own a TYPE R :)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
do u realize that you have a type R...rs/ls has only 142hp stock comparing to 190hp typeR...if they're slightly modded (i/h/e), they typically gain 10-15whp...which is still not enough to take on a typeR...just be glad that u own one...

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Its called a Catalytic converter not a Cathasyzer or whatever you called it. And I have no clue, probably you just can't drive, or you don't have a real ITR. I couldn't tell you because you've told me nothing.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
give your car to me, you do not know the power and potential that is in the palm of your hands

·
Registered
351 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
Its called a Catalytic converter not a Cathasyzer or whatever you called it. And I have no clue, probably you just can't drive, or you don't have a real ITR. I couldn't tell you because you've told me nothing.
I think you are referring to the Catapulitzer prizer.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
his R is the faster one. Thats teh reason its faster because its a typeR 195 hp up against a 140 or 170 hp car and yours also weighs a few pounds less.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
midnightsdawn89 said:
i have been told that honda throws some different stuff in a few selected car everynow and then , i was talking to someone who deals with honda heads, and he has seen bigger valves more aggresive cams and titanium retainers on STOCK honda heads,, but not alot he says. so i think honda does do this .. plus if you mod your car and dont do it right you can make it slower.. ive seen it , lol , especialy with v tec controllers lol ,ppl think the faster the v tec kick the more power, lol well not true ,you are just losing all that torqe that you need very badly in a honda so... it could be both things
That's the biggest load of bullshit I've heard in a long long time.

So you're beating 140-170hp Integras with a few mods huh?
-Exhaust with header and testpipe: holy shit, 10whp! And that's only if it's a properly sized exhaust.

-Ignition: adds no power whatsoever and is pointless.

-Modified ECU: this more likely than not is making the car slower, not faster.

You still have a solid 10-35whp advantage, plus LSD, plus less weight, etc. etc. I don't see why it's so hard to figure out why you're winning.

Oh and btw most people who race drag only do a 1/4 mile... not 3/4.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
lol man...

i think the ecu does something, at least the one for miatas that i'm getting works in my buddy's car, it is fully programmable and allows for easy changes to ignition timing, fuel pressure, whatever... and ignition can work wonders if you need a bigger spark...

granted that he does not have enough other mods to justify these to make power.........

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
hobie237 said:
and ignition can work wonders if you need a bigger spark...
...which you absolutely do not with a very mild all-motor setup on our cars. The fastest all-motor Honda in the world (which uses a GS-R motor) uses a stock ignition. Now tell me why this tool with full exhaust and ECU in his GS-R would need a bigger spark.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
White98LS said:
...which you absolutely do not with a very mild all-motor setup on our cars. The fastest all-motor Honda in the world (which uses a GS-R motor) uses a stock ignition. Now tell me why this tool with full exhaust and ECU in his GS-R would need a bigger spark.
i didnt know that... i still have much to learn about honda motors... but i know my friends car had an ignition work wonders, but then again thats a turbo motor... thanks for picking this up man... i did not realize the stock ignition was so well made...

you learn something every day

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No they are type r as well, one of them was even the type rx but that shouldnt have any difference in the engine. Very strange because theyve got modified type r's and im still beating them

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.