Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just replace my clutch about over a month... i noticed that if i dump the clutch over 3k my wheels hop and my car shakes hard... 1) one shop said its my bushings 2)one said its the clutch/presure plate.... 3)one shop said i need to replace my driver side supspension coz the coilove is not aligned at the center./.... but if i try to release the clutch slowly that eleminates the hopping... but i used to just dump the clutch around 3k and it squeels like a bitch...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Normal. When you had the stock clutch, did you ever launch your car at like over 5000rpm? My cousin's car has major wheel hop and if you watch his car launch down the 1320, you can actually see his car hopping off the line.

I think you just notice it more now that you have a new clutch in and it grabs better than the old one that you have.

Get yourself some motor mounts. If the only thing that you changed since was your clutch, I don't see how it can be your suspension.

·
Registered
419 Posts
engine balancing also
if u got ur engine balanced u wouldnt have as much wheel hop

·
Registered
345 Posts
wheel hop'

W/ stock clutch and N/A I never had wheel hop issues @ track, once turbo and 4 puck' whoa! I though 1st race out my dash was going to fall in my lap!!!!!

*I then got the KYB AGX's installed and elminated a good amount of it, also conisdering the mount inserts, Bad thing is ya get tons of vibration w/ the inserts. If on stock struts and lowered springs strut might be too soft and bouncing giving you wheel hop' Good luck!

Also you can play w/ tire pressure some to help' lower the psi' some can help, or go full slicks maybe?

Good luck!

Marko'

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have two sets of motor mounts in my car (ES & Prothane). Quite honestly, the vibration is not as bad as everyone seems to say it is. It feels like your car is idling lower than normal is is going to shut out, but that doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much to replace bushing?

one shop here is charging around $800 for bushing upgrade and thats only for a civic... i guess its the same for integra, but it seems to expensive 4 my pocket rite now... coz i hve to replace my 2 front coilover.... is that really how much it cost to replace my bushings, so if im gonna get things done wats the cheapest way 2 go and wat suspension should i get for my front? I hve the H&R coilover but it seems its not doin its job coz wen i hit a pothole and there's a million of it here in NYC its seems like 2 metal hitting each other... plus r those engine mounts expensive to put it and how much thanks??

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
$800, I'll do it for $200! :D J/K! But the dam thing and do it yourself. All you need to do is make sure your engine is supported with something so it doesn't tear up the other remaining mounts that are still hanging on there. That way you only loose what you pay for the bushings, which should be under $100 for both sets.

·
Registered
748 Posts
guys, he is talking about wheel hop at launching, not motor rock while driving.... new mounts is not going to help.

coilover and get it corner weighted. wheel hop is because there isn't enough weight in front to hold down the nose. spings like h&r sports with front end weight transfer will also eliminate the problem.

·
Registered
784 Posts
maybe its just because i dont undertand what he means by wheel hop, but, in any car, if you try to spin the wheels, but dont spin them fast enough, and the tires are just overcomming friction, they will tend to jump up and down, if you give it more gas before you release the clutch the tires should just spin, and shouldnt hop, cause they are spinning fast enough to overcome friction and dont hop in the proccess. is that what you mean? cause then its just cause your not giving it enough gas.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Where is the best place to score some solid mounts?

thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
Worn or soft engine mounts definitely do cause wheel hop!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts