Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is OT, but i needed a place to vent. yesterday, i finished my front end install / primering the whole car. it came out GREAT. the only parts i needed were the bumper and radiator support. i didn't have a problem holding the bumper up, but the hood wouldn't latch...i had to keep it tied down with zip-ties. anyway, it was great for awhile until...A TIE SNAPPED. for a day, my car was beautiful again, after having rear-ended some old lady and it being dented. today, a day later, my hood FLEW up and cracked the SHIT out of my windshield. the hood itself wasn't too bad, thank god, but i now have a windshield that needs replacing. i haven't taken pictures yet of the damage, but here is one picture of the front end...i hadn't taken many yet as it's only been a day since it's completion:

i'm selling these jdm fogs that came with the front end, as i've chosen not to install them...and i need money to replace my windshield:

and if anyone would like to buy a hardly used canon powershot s200 digicam with $150 in extras for $400 shipped, let me know...i need to sacrifice many things...

sorry for the long post...
[email protected]

robert

·
Registered
145 Posts
Don't think that you do, but do you have the comp insurance? That will pay for the broken windshield for free. Sorry about the damage.

·
Registered
150 Posts
dam, I thought I was the only idot that ever had that happen.
When i first got my car, it was minor front damage, I fixed it myself
but the hood does not latch, so I held my hood down with 16 gauge solid coppe wires, little did i know those wires were hella old . it snap on me when I went out for a 25mph drive
the hood flop back, scaring the shit out of me.

I have since fixed the problem and installed hood lock. but my window is still broken.. fuk it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Sux B, sorry to hear that... you should get some Lexan Windshield junx yO ;)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tong said:
forgot to ask, where and how much did you pay
for the front end?
I am located in CA.
i got the front end for $400 from a friend. he bought the whole front clip at a really good price, but only needed a few parts from it...in turn, i got the rest.

as for the windshield, i'm going to get a new one today along with some hood pins...damnit, i wish i'd had done this oNE DAY SOONER. AHHHHHHH :(

·
Registered
150 Posts
these tha learning day...
at a cost.
lesson to be learned, zip tie, wire twistwont hold no hood down.
shit.. duct tape prob. would

1 - 7 of 7 Posts