Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I will have a b20 (with je pistons and rods eagle) with gsr head. I want to boost around 15psi. But I really don't know what kind of fuel management to use...

AEM seems very very good, but, very expensive.
What are you using ?? Tell me the advantage or the reason you don't like it.

Or just tell me suggestion of a fuel management not to expensive. I already have a v-afc so I can play with my fuel map.

Thanx for any advice !

·
Registered
46 Posts
Almost all the Standalone's out there have their advantages and dis-advantages, its all real hear say, but Speedpro, DFI, Haltech, AEM....depends on who you know that can tune each system.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The advantages of the AEM system are that it plugs into the stock wiring harness (mostly) and is pretty flexible in its programming capabilities. The disadvantage is that it is unproven in the market and has no track record.

The advantage of the Electromotive TECII is that it comes with its own coils, is easy to install and is proven.

The Haltech is very flexible, relatively easy to install, has a large dealer base and will work with most high powered aftermarket ignitions.

The ACCEL DFI is very proven, easy to install and program and has a huge dealer network.

The Hondata is relatively easy to install and has a lot of neat designed-in features that are nice if you wan to drag the car regularly.

The most important thing is that it is installed and programmed by someone good. All of them have their merits and all are capible of running high hp boosted engines. If there is not a particular feature that one has that makes it more suitable for you, then go with the one that will be installed and tuned by a shop you trust. The level of skill in tuning each of these systems will make more of a difference than the features they have.

My .02.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have some experiece with the F.A.S.T. (formerly Speedpro) and I think it is one of the best complete standalone engine managment systems available. Do extrememly amazing things. Now you can even get your own data logger with it so you dont have to keep the lap top in the car when racing.

Later, Chris

·
Registered
49 Posts
I say SDS very easy to program its just that u have to do some wiring. SDS doesnt use maps just give certain values for certain RPM and manifold pressure. also comes with a adjustment know to quikly richen the map so u dont melt anything.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I recently purchased an AEM Plug & Play. Like FASTNSX said it's unproven, since it did just come out. Nevertheless the person I took it to is a Speedpro(F.A.S.T.), Accell, MoTec guy. He has never heard of AEM but told me that a stanalone is a standalone. The only difference is the program as well as what other standalone's might do! He was very impressed with all the features that it provided and still maintained the stock wiring harness as a direct plug in. So although it is still unproven, consider it. Other than that I would go with a Speedpro bank to bank unit. My guy (Lawrence Connley, Connleyracing.com) said that if I had Speedpro he would have had me in and out the same day, because that all he uses.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use the EFI programmable management system and I think it works damn good. I’ve even done all the tuning to myself, started off using the hand unit ant than switched to the windows program. Its quit user friendly.

The web site is:

http://www.efisystems.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts