Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been trying to find a good wideband o2 sensor online for my civic and cant find much. Alot of them come with seperate readers, for the volts. Do you need to have the readers with the wideband? Or would it be safe to just use it with an AFR gauge?

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
aem makes a setup with a wide band o2, but you only need one of those if you are doing serious tuning

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But wouldnt I get a non acurate reading on my A/F gauge? Or is it close enough to not really matter?

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I'm not quite sure what you are talking about.

You need a sensor, and a controller. You can't just use a sensor.

What is your setup? DO you need one yet?

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If i use my stock o2 sensor, it wouldnt give me an acurate reading right? I have a feeling im running too rich, and i just wanna know where its happening at so i can go from there.

Do you guys use the stock o2 sensor and get acurate readings on your A/F ratio?

My setup is plain right now, but i plan on boosting in the near future. All i have on it is an intake and exaust. But boost is in the near future. I just want to be prepared for it so i dont do any damage to my engine under boost.

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
your stock o2 gives a very accurate reading. the only thing a wide band o2 is used for is tuning your af ratio, and you can only do that with a stand alone unit

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh, thanks for clearing that up for me. I was under the impression the stock (narrowband) o2 wouldnt read on a wide enough band to give an acurate reading.

Thanks man rep++

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
BFK_SI_EG said:
your stock o2 gives a very accurate reading. the only thing a wide band o2 is used for is tuning your af ratio, and you can only do that with a stand alone unit

stock o2's do not give "accurate readings"
i would never trust my stock o2 to tell me how my car is running

you have several options.
Zeitronix
Innovative,
PLX
Techedge
AEM UEGO
turbosmart

personally i like the zeitronix... and plx

check each of them out
some use bosch sensor which are cheap to replace.
and if you want to run one all the time, you need one that offers narrowband output to feed to your ecu.

get one with datalogging too

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Stock o2 sensor isn't really good for anything.

It only tells you if you are running rich or lean, not by how much.

I just picked up an innovative lm1 kit for 310...and my socketed ECU and datalogging cable should be here in a couple days.

I'm gonna tune my CTR cams via uberdata, then save up for boost. :)

If you are planning ot boost later on get a wb o2.....you can tune your n/a setup ...gain a few hp and get used to it before you boost.

That's my plan.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Booo, I've got a PLX wideband, I got it for about $300, I'm still running the hack on my turbo setup, not to bad so far, I don't really trust my tune so I'm still going ot have it done on a dyno eventually, but for now I atleast know that my car isn't going to lean out when I'm in boost.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Peteex said:
Booo, I've got a PLX wideband, I got it for about $300, I'm still running the hack on my turbo setup, not to bad so far, I don't really trust my tune so I'm still going ot have it done on a dyno eventually, but for now I atleast know that my car isn't going to lean out when I'm in boost.

have you retarded your timing?

the hack scared me so much i never used it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ok, my mate has got a PLX wideband and it is very accurate for tuning. We connected up the narrow band output to it to see what the stock o2 looked like and LOL. one second it would read 10/1 then the next it would read 17/1 without changing the revs or throttle. So the conclusion is that you can NOT tune with a narrow band.

PS. PLX is a very good wideband.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
BFK_SI_EG said:
well, yes and no. One of the problems with the stock o2 is that it is a narrowband so it is only good for a very narrow a/f range around stoich (14.7) and plugging an a/f guage into it will not give accurate results on a tuned setup that is not at stoich. This is where the wideband o2 comes into play.

Here is one :

http://wbo2.com/

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I am going to use a PLX. I just like them for some reason. :confused

And I heard for programs like chrome and uberdata the AEM isnt scaled right, so, you either have to rescale it, or try to translate the lambda log in the program.

PLX = :number1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.