Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
404 Posts
I doubt it, the suspensions are of the same design school, but they aren't identical. Check part numbers for the equvalent Koni's and Eibachs - if they're the same, go with it, if they're different - eBay.

There are sound economic principles that say you'll get a better than fair price selling something on eBay.

· Registered
542 Posts
The springs are interchangeable, but the shocks aren't quite so.

96-00 shocks will fit on a 92-95, but with spacers on the rear shocks mounting bolt to the control arm. Heres an example:
|_| 92-95 control arm width
|__| 96-00 control arm width

That'd be for the lower mounting point on the rear.
As you can see, 92-95 shocks won't fit on a 96-00.

I hope you get what I'm saying...and someone please correct me if im wrong about the shocks...i remember this info from somewhere, but can't remember if it like that or vice versa. The springs are for sure interchangeable; the only thing is that springs rates may be a lil different.

· Registered
17 Posts
I believe you have to get the same year specs. When you are looking at most sites for coilovers it will say fits 92-00 but when you call to order tehm you have to specify your year. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I beleive that's the way it works. You would be better off going with an after market set, better safe than sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.