Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I can get a civic AEM cold air intake for 100 bucks less than an Integra one. Will this fit without modification, or should I just go with the Integra intake? Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
All you really have to do is get a performance filter/intake, and route it the right way past your engine, towards the ground. As long as the pipes wont be hitting anything on the way down, they should still fit. My friend has a 97 eclipse and we were able to get a cai from a prelude on it, easy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Parts for your car is best way to go, less bs that way if something happens, you can try another intake but I wouldn't recommend it there are brackets and other parts that will help to stabilize it accordingly depending on the vehicle and depending on what year and model you have the chassis orientation might be restrictive........

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
It may fit, but what you have to watch for is where the sensor connections are on the Intake tube. I put my old CAI from a 98 Civic EX onto my friend's 98 Si, but the O2 sensor hole wasn't even close to being in the right place. So we had to drill out a hole on the side of the intake, and put a rubber fitting in it, and then push the O2 needle into it...also had to block the old hole. So, you may, and probably will run into that problem

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Yea, plus I didn't do it as a permanent solution either. Just until his turbo gets shipped, so beware...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.