Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering cuz i can get one of them.. what would i need to do to make it fit? is that a god swap for my civic?

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
people will say it is not a good swap but I think it is depending on what your final goals are

it will work,you need axels,ecu,mounts,engine,tranny

also check out the hybrid forum,alot of info on this kinda stuff there

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm

why wouldent it be a good swap? well i was jus gonna go with a sohc vtec swap but then i found the f22b for the same price and it has 30 more hp then the sohc vtec

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
well the thing about it is that the F22 is a bit more heavy than a sohc D series,the engine itself has potential but the B18B is right beside it price wise but has tons more love from the aftermarket,but the f22 can pack a wallop it just takes a lil bit more $$$ to get it there

What prices are you being quoted and what do you want out of the car when all is said and done

·
Registered
496 Posts
It's possible yes, but not popular for reasons mentioned above. Not as much aftermarket support, and the B18 is close price wise, which can easily be transformed into a monster within a limited budget. The f22 is also heavier, and you may want to do some front suspesion upgrades to make up for the heavier front end load. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
if you go through the problems of putting a 2.2 in it put a H22 in there

·
Registered
43 Posts
Look at the above thread about putting an F series into a 96 civic or delsol..... and if you find something that hasn't been found as far as specific parts.... post it with where you found it.

I'd love to get a 100% part by part account.. and photo of the swap... with throttle cable routing, everthing....

but at this point.... even some photos of an F22/F23 in a civic bay would be helpfull if they're decent quality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts