Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Will a Header for a 97 DX hatch fit a 93 DX hatch?

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  klungemonger 
#1 ·
Just wondering if an obx ceramic 2piece 4-2-1 header from a 97 DX hatch will fit a 93 eg hatch without any problems? Where would I be able to header bolts and gaskets also?

#5 ·
Yeah I was wondering the same about the o2 sensor since the cat is in a diff position on 6g civics... I was wondering where I would be able to buy seperate gaskets and bolts (nuts?) since the second hand header I'm getting doesn't include them... thx for the info sofar...

#10 ·
Actually that's not correct. Someone might have told you that the two holes are for the 2 sensors but it's not true! On the 96-up DX motor, both sensors are up in front so it still won't reach the second sensor hole!!!

Not only that, but the 2nd sensor is an after-cat sensor so even if there is a spot for it on the header it will give improper readings to the ECU since it's in front of the cat instead of after it where it belongs. You need an O2 sensor simulator or a cat with teh sensor bung in it.

#11 ·
klungemonger said:
Actually that's not correct. Someone might have told you that the two holes are for the 2 sensors but it's not true! On the 96-up DX motor, both sensors are up in front so it still won't reach the second sensor hole!!!

Not only that, but the 2nd sensor is an after-cat sensor so even if there is a spot for it on the header it will give improper readings to the ECU since it's in front of the cat instead of after it where it belongs. You need an O2 sensor simulator or a cat with teh sensor bung in it.
I think you failed to realize he is installing this on his 93 DX. it doesn't matter TOO much where he puts the O2 sensor. there are 2 O2 sensor bungs in the 96+ headers because the 96+ DX uses 2 (pre-cat, aftercat). He doesnt need a simulator or anything, just find a threaded plug for the first O2 bung and put your stock O2 sensor in the 2nd bung. As far as fittement goes on the head, im not sure, but it will most likely bolt up just like all bseries heads have the same exhaust bolt pattern. You can reuse the stock bolts:rolleyes: and same for the stock header donut gasket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.