Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in PA, and im looking for some fuel management, and hondata seems to be the best option for me. I know i need to convert to OBD1 and that wont pass, but would the burned chip pass? Or would i need to take it all out, then get inspected? I think im going to have to take it all out, but i just want to be sure if theres any options that will allow me to pass inspection with some good fuel management.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If Hondata is used in conjuction with your OBD system and it doesn't trip any codes (especially emissions codes) you should be OK. This is assuming that PA now has the same inspection criteria as NY. Does the shop hook a PC up to your factory ECU while the car is running? I'm currently dealing with a similar situation.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure if they do. If they dont, then they shouldnt notice i have it converted to OBD1.. Anybody know?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If somebody knows for sure how this is going to work or been through it please post as im in ny and they are starting to hook up computers to obd2 cars and i will be going hondata s200 and obd 1. Will i be able to hook up and pass? Is there any way around the inspection?

bradailey If you know for sure how it works let me know because i will be getting inspection soon and i will have the obd1 conversion and hondata. Im in long island ny.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
It has been covered before. It will not pass the ECU test because the OBD1 ECU does not respond. You should have considered this when upgrading. It will only work on OBD1 cars.

OBD2 ECU's monitor lots of things and it has specific monitors (ie. catalyst, EGR, Evap, O2 sensor, O2 heater, etc). If they have not cleared or are not yet ready, you will fail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts