Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if it would be safe to boost 11lbs on just forged rods and pistons and my piston compression at 8:3:1. With out any kind of stand alone. I'm running off a fmu and missing map link. Any one here running the same setup and boosting this already. If so what size downpipe and exhaust do you have, and when do you catch full boost. thanks

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Try the turbo forum. And it all depends on the tune. Since you have forged internals if you have a good tune you could boost 20 psi all day long. And its more about how much power you push, not psi since different turbos boost differently at the same psi, depending on the size of the turbo.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I guess... I mean you are only ryunning 8.3:1 CR which is stupidly low anyways. Might as well be pushing 20+ psi on that low compression and get a standalone setup.

Why spend money to build your engine if you are not going to use the full potential of it by using a standalone setup and more boost?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
female four said:
I guess... I mean you are only ryunning 8.3:1 CR which is stupidly low anyways. Might as well be pushing 20+ psi on that low compression and get a standalone setup.

Why spend money to build your engine if you are not going to use the full potential of it by using a standalone setup and more boost?
makes since...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.