Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 civic hatch cx with a gsr engine with bolt ons, and there is this guy talking shit constantly. Now i havent raced a domestic before so i would like to know if any of you have had the previlege to have spanked a domestic specifically a camaro! I will post up the outcome! See ya!

Hondalos:D

·
Registered
897 Posts
they are 200hp with torque, rear wheel drive and with a 5 speed can be dangerous. i saw a v6 camaro w/ a 5 speed beat a 5.0 mustang fox body with an auto. alto of the race is going to be launch and rear wheel is simply better for launching than front wheel. you should be able to win though, just get a good 60'.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well first off what year is the camaro? I had a '96 V6 all stock and I think that my SI is faster than the Camaro. I never had the cars timed but just by feel I think the SI is faster. Just race him at the track and find out for yourself. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
It's all about power to weight ratio. :D (and launch of course... I love the story of the turbo Civic beating a Corvette in the drag races)

·
Registered
35 Posts
unidextrous said:
u shouldnt have a problem at all. shit i dont even downshift when v6 camaros try to punk me. u should be able to handle z28s as well. just get the launching down and shift points.
llloolll you could never, ever, ever beat a z-28 in a civic unless you have nos or some other sick mods?? no siree, not even mario andretti can pull that one off. with the r-engine you should be able to beat a v-6, but don't even try to z-28, it's a waste of time. that is unless it's a pre 94 z-28 then you may stand a chance.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
itsmeek said:
llloolll you could never, ever, ever beat a z-28 in a civic unless you have nos or some other sick mods?? no siree, not even mario andretti can pull that one off. with the r-engine you should be able to beat a v-6, but don't even try to z-28, it's a waste of time. that is unless it's a pre 94 z-28 then you may stand a chance.
Oh shit, here come the stories of people beating Z28s in thier civic. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
They are doing around mid 15's stock i believe. Guys in stock GSR's should be able to hang with them. With a bolt-on GSR motor in a lightweight hatch, you'll easily kill him. No worries. Assuming he's "stock". Even if he had a few bolt-ons, it'd be safe to say that you'd still come out on top.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hes stock 6cyl automatic.

I know i can take i just wanted to hear from the experienced guys! i appreciate all the comments. I hanged with a 5.0 the other day! I can easily whip on the camaro 6cyl. i want to hear the story of the civic whipping on the z-28. let me hear them guys!:D

·
Registered
623 Posts
wtf

he can beat a z28 if he can drive....NOS or sick mods...i think you've been watching the F&F toomany times. Shit ive seen midly built single cam hatches smoke z28s. I fuckin rip z28s new assholes and HAVE beat an SS. It doesnt take much to make a hatch move. Also...he has a GSR motor not a type-r motor. With the R motor he would handle z28s and possibly SSs. I just talked to guy yesterday running 13.6 w/ his ITR motor in a 92 hatch. He said he wasnt even hooking up 1st and 2nd gear w/ his street tires.

And why are u guys flaming because civic can beat camaros. I have noithing against them at all. I give ten times more respect to a Camaro driver than a Mustang driver.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: wtf

unidextrous said:
he can beat a z28 if he can drive....NOS or sick mods...i think you've been watching the F&F toomany times. Shit ive seen midly built single cam hatches smoke z28s. I fuckin rip z28s new assholes and HAVE beat an SS. It doesnt take much to make a hatch move. Also...he has a GSR motor not a type-r motor. With the R motor he would handle z28s and possibly SSs. I just talked to guy yesterday running 13.6 w/ his ITR motor in a 92 hatch. He said he wasnt even hooking up 1st and 2nd gear w/ his street tires.

And why are u guys flaming because civic can beat camaros. I have noithing against them at all. I give ten times more respect to a Camaro driver than a Mustang driver.
i'm not flaming, i'd just like to see it, all he said he had was a gs-r motor, and i've never seen a 4-banger beat a camaro unless the person has put 10k+ into the car or had nos (which is limited). i have a 94 civic, a ws-6, a '69 stang, and an rsx-s. my ws-6 has NEVER EVER even been threatened by a street-legal 4-banger, the only cars i've EVER lost to are other muscle cars, supras, and rx-7's, of course I would never attempt to race a 911. It's sort of like, um...a civic tryin to race a z-28

·
Registered
623 Posts
i dont think youve been exposed to 'fast" imports before. Maybe u just have to come out to cali where i live. Its the land of 11 and 12 sec civics. ive been telling this to everyone on this board and you can ask anyone from cali hot it is here. Im also a fan of a ws6. The other week some old guy was really suprised that i could keep up w/ him. We never really went anywhere but when he smashed on it ..i was right beside him..and he just smiled at me.

civics..especially hatches arent that hard to make fast. Shiet w/ 10k i can make a a streetable 11 sec all motor beast..and i have seen a couple down here. Dont believe me..go to Importbuilders.com and ull see the packages they offer and most of them roughly are under 10k. My swap has cost me 4000 grand and im looking into mid 13s. My friend has an ls/vtec setup with every CTR part on it and hes pulling 12.6s My other freind spent around 5k for his b20 turbo setup and should be hittin high 12's on street tires easily.

as for me i wouldnt care who i was racing. to me its all in fun until money is brought into it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
unidextrous said:
i dont think youve been exposed to 'fast" imports before. Maybe u just have to come out to cali where i live. Its the land of 11 and 12 sec civics. ive been telling this to everyone on this board and you can ask anyone from cali hot it is here. Im also a fan of a ws6. The other week some old guy was really suprised that i could keep up w/ him. We never really went anywhere but when he smashed on it ..i was right beside him..and he just smiled at me.

civics..especially hatches arent that hard to make fast. Shiet w/ 10k i can make a a streetable 11 sec all motor beast..and i have seen a couple down here. Dont believe me..go to Importbuilders.com and ull see the packages they offer and most of them roughly are under 10k. My swap has cost me 4000 grand and im looking into mid 13s. My friend has an ls/vtec setup with every CTR part on it and hes pulling 12.6s My other freind spent around 5k for his b20 turbo setup and should be hittin high 12's on street tires easily.

as for me i wouldnt care who i was racing. to me its all in fun until money is brought into it.
sweet, i believe u, but 10k?? i wish i could make my rsx-s that fast, that would be sweet. wish i had the time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
v-6, most likely. A well driven V-6 (3.8) with manual ant traction can pull a high 14 with perfect conditions. Most likely, hell run a mid 15 at best. A hatch with a GSR swap and bolt ons should handle him, provided you can drive. Don't let them gas your head up about the Z-28's though, youd just be getting run up on an ass whippin'

·
Registered
96 Posts
Read my sig, 13.92 stock, meaning before mods. And who said that was my best. WHen I run, its with at least 3/4 tank of gas, full air pressure, jack and spare still in car etc. That time was also with a bullshit 1200 rpm launch. And I also have an LT1 Z. An LS1 is quite a bit faster than mine stock.Call it sandbagging, call it whatever, but I NEVER post my best time. My words were harsh, but sincere.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hondalos11 said:
I have a 93 civic hatch cx with a gsr engine with bolt ons, and there is this guy talking shit constantly. Now i havent raced a domestic before so i would like to know if any of you have had the previlege to have spanked a domestic specifically a camaro! I will post up the outcome! See ya!

Hondalos:D

You should kick his ass. I beat a 6 cyl with 2 more guys in my gs-r

I have i/h/e and he had a chip and exhuast. I got him in 3rd.

·
Registered
70 Posts
ok well even though i have a v6 camaro which wasnt my choice of car ( i like ludes) i raced a gsr wit i h e and i had 2 ppl in da car and i beat it from the downshift to 2nd i can aslo beat preludes with intake and exahaust but my car is a 98 and the 98 v6 camaros where the ones they made the fastest out of all the other v6 camaros right now i run a 14.9 so i dont think u will have any problem beating him ull prolly win by like a car length good luck

future car that is being worked on is 94 civic hatch back with h22 and it will be running 12s

1 - 20 of 71 Posts