Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was debating on whether or not to get nos. I currently have a 97 ss lude with i/h/e and about 70,000 miles on my ride. If I am to get NOS and run a 75 shot will my auto tranny be able to handle all this extra power? Is there anything else that I would have to upgrade for my car to handle a 75 shot?? What is the best nos kit for a 5th gen?? Zex? Nos? NX?

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
My friend had an SS lude. He killed that thing just running hard. Not sure if it was perhaps a defect but they attributed it to him racing and even made him pay for it.

I think this is of course worse case scenario , and probably a really bad move by the tech's and dealership but hey.....if it can happen n/a im sure it wont help much with nitrous.

Also if you plan on getting a system and just always hold the pedal down , when the nitrous on most systems always runs at full pedal , this will really make for hard shifts and I bet would wreck your tranny , if you the kind of person who takes his foot of somewhat during the auto-shift to help soften the shift....you might be ok.

If you the guy who plants his foot to the ground like it were made of lead.....then dont waste money on that now. Go MT , and go from there.

· Registered
148 Posts
it should be okay in short bursts, dont spray for a long time though, pistons melt and shit happens.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
I wouldn't go over a 55 shot for engine and tranny reasons. However, I am planning on running the shit out of my tranny, so I can eventually crack the motha and drop in a JDM manual w/ lsd. If you don't want to go that route then install a tranny cooler since heat is the #1 cause of tranny failure. They are cheap insurance. I think the Hayden cooler reatils for about 40 bucks. I would go with the Purple haze (ZEX) since it is the easiest and safest (IMO) nitrous oxide system out there. With 70 on the speedo, you will want to swap your plugs to a new set of NGK-R's and make sure your cylinders are in good condition.

· Registered
4,134 Posts
In all honesty i wouldn't suggest squeezing at all let alone 75 shot. If anything do a 55 shot of Zex w/ colder spark plugs and don;t abuse it.

I am getting the PTS kit and torque converter and when i get that installed i am getting the Zex Nitrous kit.

If u want your tranny to last longer i suggest u buy the PTS kit. It is "bullet-proofing" your tranny so it will be able to handle higher horsepower.

www.levelten.com
PTS kit- $300
torque converter- $500
BUT install is going to kill u. They have to take the tranny apart and what not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.