Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to superhonda. Two weeks ago i purchased a 1994 Acura Integra Ls, after i totaled my other car by hitting a pothole which blew my tire out and i spun around 360 and ran into the guard wall. But anyways I just have a tape player, and im thinking about installing an aftermarket cd player. I noticed that when i turn the volume off the antenna goes down and when i turn the volume on the antenna goes up. Also when i leave the volume on but decide to turn the car off, the antenna also goes down. I want to keep my power antenna and I wanted to know that if i install an aftermarket cd player if it will affect the antenna when i turn the volume off or when i turn the car off. I want it to work how it does now.
If anyone can help me out, i would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
sorry to hear about ur car, but yeah when u install an aftermarket radio, it should have a power antenna connection which is a solid blue wire. if u don't have this, u can use ur remote wire which will allow the power antenna to work.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
it usually doesn't go down when you turn the volume down. The antenna is only up when the radio is on. so if the radio is off or you are listening to a cd it will be down. some radios dont have the blue wire, but most do.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Most, if not all radio's come equipped with a blue antenna power wire or an amplifier remote switch-on wire (color varies). The power antenna itself has all the elecronics built into it to allow it to move up and down and to sense when the radio is in use or not. All the blue wire does is provide power (+12V) whilst the radio (and ignition) is switched on.
If your new radio does not have any of these wires, it's a simple DIY mod to wire +12V through a toggle switch to the antenna switching wire (usually Green). That way you can manually switch the antenna up and down when needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts