Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been rumours that the Civic Type R will come over to North America. Even Motor Trend said that it will come over. Honda have never said that they will bring over the CTR. Are you convinced that it will come over any time soon?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hmmm, well I would not know but if it does, it would be interesting but would it be worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
i doubt it'll come over here but if it does i'll get in line for one! on da real:cool:

·
Registered
693 Posts
I've read that the susp. on the 2002 si is closely similar to jdm ctr, other than 6 speed and body kit, how close would the specs of the jdm ctr be to the usdm?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HONDA_LS said:
I've read that the susp. on the 2002 si is closely similar to jdm ctr, other than 6 speed and body kit, how close would the specs of the jdm ctr be to the usdm?
similar but definitely not the same... it is a de-tuned from the Type R suspension. From the USDM Civic Si tests that I've read, the handling is definitely not as good as its competitors... but that could just be due to the small tires that is on the stock Si. It would be very interesting to see how the Si perform with just tire upgrades.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
99SIVTEC said:
Acura holds the trademark agreement for the type R's here in America. It is highly unlikely that they will bring a civic type R over here anytime soon.
oh please:rolleyes: . i bet acura would sue honda if honda brought a ctr over huh? i mean it's not the same damn company or anything.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
99SIVTEC said:
No they wouldn't sue them that wasn't my point. My point was that the agreement is that if a type R makes it to these shores it will be under the acura badge. That is only one of the dozens of reasons why we will likely not see another type R here. I think it is likely that an rsx type R will make it here sometime to replace the integra type R....
i'm sure somethign could be worked out between acura and honda;)

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
wow i cant wait till another R comes out. shit i'll be in line.
my got the WRX, he thinks he is the shit now[well maybe he is for now]. he is all telling me stories of how all the H's are scared of him and shit.

will the type R any year keep up with the WRX? maybe the 03 will huh. :confused:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
divinewisdom said:
wow i cant wait till another R comes out. shit i'll be in line.
my got the WRX, he thinks he is the shit now[well maybe he is for now]. he is all telling me stories of how all the H's are scared of him and shit.

will the type R any year keep up with the WRX? maybe the 03 will huh. :confused:
no way. s2k will smoke one though. 0-60 for wrx=5.6, s2k=5.2, 00itr=6.2 02ctr=6.8 don't know about 02 i/rsx-r but it's around 6.0

·
Registered
145 Posts
just chillin said:

a 2800 lb pig
Hey my fat ass lude doesn't sound so fat any more :p

Peace

:cool:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.