Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a d16z6 and i am looking to get a little higher compression.
i know the pistons for the 90 crx si are a direct fit into the y8 but is it also a direct fit into the z6?
another question, i have bad rings so i am having new rings installed and i though well might as well throw some better pistons in there. what else will i need to upgrade when i have this done, bearings? anything else on the bottom end? how long will i be able to go b4 i have to do anything to the valve train?
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They should fit, same pin and bore.

Unless you've got a uprated cam the Valvetrain isn't an issue. And the rods are good for 200bhp.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I would never push the limit on stuff like that....I mean....don't we want reliability AS WELL AS performance!?

I know I do.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey thanks guys, i would have replied sooner but for some reason superhonda isnt sending me automatic emails about my replies, i dunno?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
infinatenexus said:
if your car idles smoothly,,, you don't really want to make Hp.;)
that or you haven't really modified your car... hell even a turbo motor should idle shitty. power and poor idles just go together. it's why i don't like vtec... takes all of the fun out of first gear.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
5gencivic said:
that or you haven't really modified your car... hell even a turbo motor should idle shitty. power and poor idles just go together. it's why i don't like vtec... takes all of the fun out of first gear.
Humm... I am thinking I'll have plenty of fin in first gear when I am done;)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i had a comp cam and skank2 gear put in my z6 and it still idles smoothly, what else would i need to do to get some shitty idle and mass power ging on? i'll be getting high comp pistons installed soon will that do it?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
lol man infinate and i are just doing a little post whoring.
on a car that is equiped with vtec you will have a hard time getting a mild cam to idle poorly. it's one of the benefits to vtec... you can have a good idle with a crazy profile.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
pwrdbykmfdm said:
i had a comp cam and skank2 gear put in my z6 and it still idles smoothly, what else would i need to do to get some shitty idle and mass power ging on? i'll be getting high comp pistons installed soon will that do it?
Head work,, you need head work;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts