Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at getting 225 45 17 on my 02 accord that is lowered 1.5 in front and back. the rims are 17 x 7. will this bulge out to bad or does anyone have this size on their car??

·
Registered
761 Posts
A 225/45/R17 tire is usually tested on 7" wide rims. They are designed to fit on rims from 6"-8" wide. The wider the rim the straighter the side walls are, and while this will enhance performance, it will degrade comfort. I have 17"X7.5" rims on our car with 225/45/ZR17's. The tires shouldn't bulge much on a 7" wide rim as they have a section width of a little over 8 3/4 inches, so you will have about 7/8 of an inch on either side of the rim. Look at the bulge as rim protection, tires should have a rub bar built in. (rim protector)

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
YourUserName said:
A 225/45/R17 tire is usually tested on 7" wide rims. They are designed to fit on rims from 6"-8" wide. The wider the rim the straighter the side walls are, and while this will enhance performance, it will degrade comfort. I have 17"X7.5" rims on our car with 225/45/ZR17's. The tires shouldn't bulge much on a 7" wide rim as they have a section width of a little over 8 3/4 inches, so you will have about 7/8 of an inch on either side of the rim. Look at the bulge as rim protection, tires should have a rub bar built in. (rim protector)
Hey man U took the words right outta my mouth! :mad: LOL! Another good answer dOOd!:p :tu:

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
giantxtc19 said:
i am looking at getting 225 45 17 on my 02 accord that is lowered 1.5 in front and back. the rims are 17 x 7. will this bulge out to bad or does anyone have this size on their car??

17x7's on a 02 accord, you should be fine. I'm from chat town 2! Well close enough.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks. i was just wonderin b/c i have 215 55 16 and they bulge. i wouldnt want them to bulge any more than what it is now and i thought that since i was going from a 215 with a 7" width rim to a 225 still with a 7" width rim that it would bulge out even more. is that true or not?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts