1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Booooo! Probably another ricer that wants BOV sounds. :g :lol

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Im going to have to agree with the guy. GT4 is Gt3 will more cars and tracks, big fucking whoopity dooo.

THE ONLY thing GT has ever had that no other game does is SHEER volume of cars. THATS IT!

The AI is a joke, unless you really suck you shouldnt even see the AI after one lap. The FX are not any better than gt3 and gt3 didnt stutter.

They did improve the way the cars handle which is a big + but still this is hardly a GT4, and yes it should be GT-BPU+ :lol

Seriously you guys need to get off gran turismo 4 cock.

I havent even played the game in over a week. :lmao

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
m3_junkie said:
But half the shit he was complaining about was a damn Van Halen Song, and elevator music menu screens, i mean WTF!? And the game does not have shity graphics, they kick ass, the best ever.
he wants his fucking lil john screamin in his ears during the menus like on NFSU and shizzle

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
I sent him a PM.

***** - I have to strongly disagree with you.

Above cars, the track models are far superior to GT3. As well as the physics engine. I reccommend you play on the Economy tires if you want to have true simulation, becuase playing on sports tires won't let you experience anything close, they are modeled extremely too unrealistic.

As for the AI, yes, it's trash, given.

And as for Forza, I've played the game more than anyone on this board, and no, it is not better, as much as I've played, I'm not impressed with the AI. Not because it's easy to beat, but it just does things that are rediculous, like run you off the road intentionally.

Not to mention forza has 30 frames per second, with 60 controller inputs persecond, it doesn't match up and IMO, makes the game twitchy with controll.

I can go on and on, is it the best racing game on Xbox? Yes, is it better than GT4? In spots, but overall? No.

I respect your opinion and all, I just don't completely agree with it :)

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Im just spoiled on the pc, where the true simulations live.

I said the physics were better in gt4, much better.

For me its the little things that make games good. Consoles suck because they are hardware limited on everything. Sound in GT sucks, no tire marks, no AI, ect ect. I dont blame PD I blame the ps2, its weak sauce.

I have no desire to play GT4 anymore, what does it have that brings me back for more? nothing. I play racing games to RACE. You cant race yourself, which is what I find myself doing when I play GT4. I guess thats why they call it the real DRIVING simulator, not the real RACING simulator.

GT4 did not live up to the hype and how long we had to wait. :td

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
NegroDamus said:
Im going to have to agree with the guy. GT4 is Gt3 will more cars and tracks, big fucking whoopity dooo.

THE ONLY thing GT has ever had that no other game does is SHEER volume of cars. THATS IT!

The AI is a joke, unless you really suck you shouldnt even see the AI after one lap. The FX are not any better than gt3 and gt3 didnt stutter.

They did improve the way the cars handle which is a big + but still this is hardly a GT4, and yes it should be GT-BPU+ :lol

Seriously you guys need to get off gran turismo 4 cock.

I havent even played the game in over a week. :lmao

if u look at it that way...gt1 is teh only good game cuz gt2 is gt1 with more cars and tracks, gt3 is gt2 with more cars and track and a different console, and...so basiclaly u saying that means gt4=gt1 with better cars, tracks and graphics cuz of teh console change....u really look liek a retard now for stating that

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
hondapride59 said:
if u look at it that way...gt1 is teh only good game cuz gt2 is gt1 with more cars and tracks, gt3 is gt2 with more cars and track and a different console, and...so basiclaly u saying that means gt4=gt1 with better cars, tracks and graphics cuz of teh console change....u really look liek a retard now for stating that
GT1 was the first
GT2 was a polished and perfected GT1

GT3 was on new hardware but lacked the total number of cars and a few other features of GT2.
GT4 is GT3 with some refinements trying to be a pretty GT2 but failed.

:sleep

·
Registered
149 Posts
NegroDamus said:
Im just spoiled on the pc, where the true simulations live.

I said the physics were better in gt4, much better.

For me its the little things that make games good. Consoles suck because they are hardware limited on everything. Sound in GT sucks, no tire marks, no AI, ect ect. I dont blame PD I blame the ps2, its weak sauce.

I have no desire to play GT4 anymore, what does it have that brings me back for more? nothing. I play racing games to RACE. You cant race yourself, which is what I find myself doing when I play GT4. I guess thats why they call it the real DRIVING simulator, not the real RACING simulator.

So Sad, ***** :noo

GT4's only limitation is the Hardware it's built for. The racing & induvidual car physics are so realistic and aren't better in any other game, the AI is FINE, the car selection is HUGE (which is what brings replay value), the graphics are great for the HW limitations, I could go on and on. My point is that out of the few really good racing games offered on any system, this is the best.

I'm not tryin' to offend. Just stating my opinion.

Also, *****. If you feel like that you're racing yourself, try racing harder races and/or don't drop a Cr.90,000 turbo/NA tune up in every car before a race. An even car match is not easy. If it is so easy we can all assume that you've beaten all the license test w/Gold & all the drving missions, yea?

Again, not tryin' to start anything...just pointing something out.

These hardware limitations are why sony is was so hyped about GT5 before we even got GT4. They reached their limits with the PS2 and are looking forward to what they have going on GT5.

·
Registered
117 Posts
NegroDamus said:
2nd that... Personally I don't like the music/photo mode/the crappy wheel options (you don't get to keep the wheels you have already ourchased)/ I don't like how there are multiple tuner companies but basically they are a weaste of space cause they give you the exact same hp/torque/handling/grip as all the parts from the dealer/ I don't like the lame penalties you get when the AI is the sloppy driver that is hitting you (They hit you but you get the penanlty? B/S)...

For me they should have got rid of all that stuff listed above and made the AI better and made the tuning more in depth... Here are some things that I hope that they'll add in GT5

This is what I posted on the GTPlanet site

1. Dyno - Being able to "fine" tune your car.

2. Real sound from individual mods all throughout the rev's (***** , B.O.V's , super charger whine , turbo spool.) Not all BOV's sound the same..

3. Blown Motors - Don't downshift too fast , don't miss shift (if there is a clutch)

4. Custom body work from "real" companies (Fenders, cf hoods , fg hoods , side skirts , lips , splitters , Vented and non vented hoods , etc.Nothing crazy though, only things that actually have a function)

5. Weight - Having the parts you put on your car effect how much weight is being shaved/added to the car.

6. More mods (individually). Cams , valve springs/valves , CAI , Ram intakes , Header(s) , Pulley's , Pistons , Radiators (overheating),etc. All from name brand companies with real life numbers from "test" cars... Still have the kits though too.

7. Boost - Bring back the boost controller function like in GT1.. I loved that stuff (also different pulley kits for S/C vehicles)

8. Music DL - I know XBox has this function and I love it.. Hope PS3 has somehting like this.... If you can't have decent music in the game get rid of it all.

9.More cars that people are likely to use in RL... Seriously, who uses model t's and those cars with 70 (and less) horse power? Those cars just seems like a waste of space to me.

10. Auto Crossing would be cool

11. Ditch the drag racing (I'm not a big fan of going 14 seconds or less in a straight line) but that's just me.

12. Real time weather (Snow , Hail , Rain , Wind , etc). Depending on what type of year it is when you're driving (Since there is a Diary now).

13. Body Damage - Accidents with walls/animals/cars/cliffs/huge ditches/trees.. Depending on how hard the wreck that's how much money out of your winnings you're gonna have to spend.. It you hit another car or object too har you have to retire from the race and either loose your car or pay for the damage.

14.Get rid of guard rails in rally races. Much more challenging them ;) Also if you mess up the crowed really has something to run away from ;)

15. Online/network game play That actually doesn't have glitches.

Cars- Shelby GT500 (Or more muscle cars)
Ferrari
Lambo's

More "real" tracks

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I would also like to add that the next GT game shouldn't have multiple versions of the same cars... For example in the used car lot.. How much did the NSX change from 1991 to 2000 (Or whenever the new body style came out)? Or how about integra's ? From 1994 to 2001 how much did they change? Same Goes for 300z's supra's rx-7's , and the list can go on and on.. Why flood the dang used car lots (and regular dealerships) with cars that are basically the same...? I hate having to sift through pages of the exact same car just to see something different... I know there are at least 9 different models of civics (at least in the older models) but why would you need that in the game when the only difference between the models are PW/PDL/AC/Sun ROOF/CD or cassette/HUB Caps or rims/Etc. If there are no major (mechanical) differences then leave them out of the game and just choose the lighter models of real life to add to the game (or the fastest/sportiest)... hx/lx/cx/vx/dx/ex/si/type r/hybrid/SIR/SIRII/Del Sol/CRX (These are all off the top of my head) now out of all these models I'd say 4 should only be in the game. They are Type R , SIRII , CRX , and Del Sol. all the other ones are pointless. I've noticed in the game that this is most blatant(sp?) in the JDM cars.... This is one of the most dissappointing features of the game for me... Get rid of all the unecessary cars and focus more on things that count...

<End of rant>

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.