Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey accord section, never really vist here because i have a prelude but my GF has an accord and i'm helping her with a problem. her driver's window has issues and i've had to disassemble her door a few times to put her window back into the clips that push the window up and pull it down. the problem is the glue has obviously let go of the window and wont hold it to pull it down which means the window slips to the side at an angle (good) or if she keeps rolling it down like i say not to that it'll crash to the bottom and shatter (would be bad). my question is this... do i need any special glue to re-glue this window in the clips? i was just going to use a hot glue gun but i think it might not hold it tight enough cause it's kinda hard to move a window up and down.

·
Registered
160 Posts
you sure you need to glue it in place? someone tried breaking into my car and broke the passenger window, and when i replaced the window, i only had to clip it in place. so i'm guessing the clips are broken in her car. but anyway, you should probably go with a glue specifically made to bond with glass. you're saying that the window rotates off the clips; hot glue probably won't keep this from happening.

·
Registered
230 Posts
WHAT YEAR? i replaced my regulator and the glass sits in a "pocket" I_I shaped groove...with two bolts holding it.....i didn't have any "clips" or glue...... mine is a 95...loose gladd bolts are a common problem and make your window "clunk" when going up or down....

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think it's a 94 and i didn't see any bolts and i can see remains of that glue on the window and i can feel it. Also i didn't feel any holes in the bottom of the glass where a bolt could go through that I_I shaped clip. The clip would more likely be broken if you only need to clip it in. I've put the window in the clip twice now to only have it fall off again. I'll look into new clips but that actually could cost some money. I'll try glue that specifically bonds with glass before i buy new clips.

·
Registered
230 Posts
on my 95 2 door, i replaced the whole regulator......it was only 39 bucks on ebay and came in a few days from sandman auto...it was the exact same part the dealer and other places wanted $80+++ for...it was a lot easier than i thought.....the bolt holes were built into the plastic piece that cradles the window........the door has "peep holes to get your socket through when you place the glass in it....... one thing i noticed is how hard regulators have to work....so i would not rely on any glue.....YES, the glass did have some glue stuff on it but it had nothing to do with mounting to the regulator..... by the records the lady who had it before me had the glass bolts tightened several times..... i have had 2 regulators go out in 9/10 years and the window would fall.........if you have any pics or need help with the reg ( if you do it) lemme know.....very easy!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
the bolts are on the plastic piece that slides up and down the regulator track... if i remember correctly they didn't go through the glass.....but i know they are there...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
then we figured out my problem, the bolts through the plastic clips are what slipped off the window. The window when i would put it back in had no plastic attached to it and it was just glass. Those plastic pieces that i bolt to are what came off the window.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.