Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any suggestions on a silver lude. 15% black tint or the platinum/mirror look. i know the platinum color will never fade since it doesnt contain any metal dyes...what do you guys think :eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also if i got the platinum/mirror look i think its at 35% legal. how visible are you to others. i havent recieved a ticket from the cops with 15%. anyways thx

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
i prefer no tint, i use to have 15% tint all around when i had my accord and it was way to dark, cant see for shit at night, so i took them off....

·
Registered
375 Posts
what color is your interior? that will have an effect on how dark it looks also. I have a black interior, and 15%'s...and at night its a little tough to see out the rear window, but i have no regrets, and im glad i got 15's.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't know. I would say no tint, just makes the car look classier. I prefer my light tint (don't know the percentage) it's dark enough that the car keeps cool and you can't see in at night but light enough that they're not like solid black.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
black interior. anyone like 35% platinum or what about 15% platinum ...my paint is the nordic mist color :wow

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
Just took my two front off! D-head cops :fu ! I had 32% all around and looks realy nice! I liked it a lot! O and i got smoked tint!

Cop is throwing it out after i show him!

I think i'm going to get 35% all around affter! It's still not leagal, but i wont have a ticket!

Get smoked!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
i've gotten 3 tickets for too dark of tint, something like 25%, then my car got broken into, found a piece of tinted glass at the junkyard, now my drivers window passes the test, and you cant really tell the difference

eat that donut copper

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I have a black 94 VTEC... just getting smoke 50% front, 35% rear... it'll look dark as hell on a black car, and I want to be able to see at night... haha.

Illegal in IL... but they don't enforce it by NIU

~Peace

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'd go the legal % in your state because of cops and inspections. I personnally like plain color (blackish) tint because of the flat black pieces that go between the front and read windows.
I usually tint with light tine because if you have all the windows tinted, people can't see inside anyway.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
hobie237 said:
ummm... 3 tickets? why didnt you just get lighter tint?
because i had the tint for like 4 years with no trouble then i got a new job in a prick-cop city, 3 times in 1 year, almost took my license for it :rolleyes

·
Registered
232 Posts
My 98 Type SH is a tad lighter than limo tint and I think that looks best on a white car. The dark windows go good with my OEM c/f hood, blk SW388s. but I think no tint looks good on a black car, other than that dark = nicer.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i like my tint dark... i only got harrassed once with one of the 6 cars i had tinted... im going to get the lude tinted 15% driver/pass and 1/4 glass and the rear window is gonna be done in 10%

the car i got harrassed in had the windshield tinted..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts