Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
Please read this important information before proceeding
System Requirements

You can view system requirements and information on Windows Vista Capable and Premium Ready PCs here.

Release Notes

You can view the Release Notes for Windows Vista Beta 2 here (available in English only).

Upgrade limitations
You may not be able to upgrade your installation of Windows Vista Beta 2 (or RC1) to the final, commercially available edition of Windows Vista. To upgrade you will need to acquire the final edition of Windows Vista and you may have to do a clean installation.

Time-limited software
Windows Vista Beta 2 (and RC1) is time-limited, pre-release software that will expire on June 1, 2007.

Beta support policy
This is pre-release (beta) software distributed for trial and testing purposes only. Microsoft does not provide technical support for beta releases. Although formal support is not offered for this beta, we have provided newsgroups to help answer questions you may have related to the installation and use of Windows Vista Beta 2 (and RC1). To join or read postings in these newsgroups, please visit http://windowshelp.microsoft.com.

Antivirus support
As part of a sensible approach to helping prevent malware, Microsoft recommends that you use an antivirus application with Windows Vista Beta 2. Information about available antivirus programs can be found on the Microsoft Security At Home website.

Installation limitations
There are two installation scenarios for Windows Vista Beta 2 (and RC1):
You can do a clean installation. This process will overwrite any data that you have on your hard disk or on your installation partition. The overwritten data will be lost and unrecoverable.
You can upgrade an existing installation of Windows XP.

No other installation scenarios are supported. Upgrading to this beta from any other edition of Windows requires a clean installation, as described in option 1. In addition, once you install Windows Vista Beta 2 (or RC1) you cannot roll back to the previous operating system installation—you will either have to acquire and install the final released edition of Windows Vista or reinstall a previous edition of Windows. Before installing Windows Vista Beta 2 on any computer, please remember to back up all your files.
Don't forget to sign up to get a product key http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
IISaiNtII said:
too busy already :(

Yeah, I've check a few other forums and the servers are WAY overloaded. Even if you can start the dl, the connection drops after a few minutes.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Rev ATARI said:
i Have 1.69 GB of the 3.13 GB and downing it at 210 KB/sec
good to know how large it is. i'm gonna have to wait until i get home to d/l it then. no dvd-rw's here.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
you have to register, and then fill out a survey.

do you have it d/led already? if so, ill pm you my key.

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
gurusan said:
I dont see where I sign up for a product key on the page ?
Under the 'Download Windows Vista Beta 2' section, use the pull-down tab to select your country and hit 'Go'.

I have a MS Passport id so I just signed in and got my key.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
anyone have it installed on a laptop? i only have 512mb in my laptop. i wonder if that affect performance much. i was going to install it last night but i didn't have a key.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
IntegraTypeRS said:
anyone have it installed on a laptop? i only have 512mb in my laptop. i wonder if that affect performance much. i was going to install it last night but i didn't have a key.
I don't think that would be a good idea on a 512 mb system. Especially a laptop (don't forget, driver support is sketchy at best).

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
My damn Sound Blaster X-FI drivers won't install. I downloaded the ones for Vista 64bit and it just freezes when I try installing them.

argh. I guess I can't expect a beta to be everything. I guess I'll just have to wait for some new drivers and use stupid crappy onboard audio for now.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.