Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My prelude seriously needs a wire tuck. I hate how the engine bay pretty has crap running everywhere. Does anyone here have any pics of a prelude that has been wire tucked? Anyone ever done a wire tuck that would be able to help me out with a little advise of how to clean things up. I'm gonna be taking out a couple of things this weekend. ABS gave up on me couple months back I'm debating removing that junk instead of the headache to fix it. Looking to re route the battery to the back and remove the cruise control for a little more room. The windshield washer bottle is already out the window I havent found anything else I could remove for now. Nitrous lines are going to be cleaned up and wired loomed in for cover :ninja I'm gonna try and splice the HID's neatly and drill a couple holes for the Ballasts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
like you said, remove CC, AC and PS (if you can live w/o them), relocate battery, some of the EGR shit....

and you can do what i did last week, it was like a mini-wire tuck:
i unbolted all the brackets that the orange connectors were clipped to (in the back left corner), and shoved them in between the fuse box and whatever resevior that was (ABS??)

you could also relocate the fuse box to under the dash, but i heard that requires extending a good amount of wires

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
lets play a game... much like one you might find on a restaurant childrens menu.

first you need to take a pic of your bay.

then look at my bay

circle the things you see in your bay that you do not see in my bay.

next, remove the things that you circled :hehe

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crdcz03 said:
lets play a game... much like one you might find on a restaurant childrens menu.

then look at my bay

:wow :goojob:
:clap I Like this game!!! :lol2 :hug
Do I get candy:bounce

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont think I will be taking out as much as you did though. I need the A/C and the power steering aint going nowhere. ITs MINE!!! :D How does the car run with the EGR system gone? I have a stock ECU and kinda wanted to avoid that check engine light. My Skunk2 manifold took up a crap of space by the firewall so alot of the lines and sensor are now by the clutch and brake resvoir
Basically here is what I am working with......

Kinda a old pic I have cleaned it up alot more since but, you get the idea. I got a lot of work ahead of me :(

·
Registered
255 Posts
crdcz03 said:

then look at my bay

i started a thread a while back asking if i could remove all the egr stuff that would normally sit in a bracket above the PS resevoir. people said no i would throw a code, and they were right, i unplugged it and got a code. so i ask, how did you rid of yours and not get a code? do you have a tuning program that can rid of CEL? i want to rid of that crap if i can.

clean bay :number1 i wish i had the balls to get rid of AC and PS. relocating the battery is coming shortly.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
p28 ecu = no egr

ive never owned a car that had working a/c so im used to not having it (and in florida!) and i got used to the powersteering being gone too. its really not that bad after a week or so. i let one of my friends drive my car last weekend and he goes to the gym every night after work and is pretty big and he was wondering how the hell i drive like that everyday. he said he had to use two hands :lol

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
JDMaccord2k said:
Kinda a old pic I have cleaned it up alot more since but, you get the idea. I got a lot of work ahead of me :(

yours dont look as bad as mine, which is why the battery reloc. and civic half rad. are coming soon :clap

i have since removed the cruise control.

craig, do you even have an alarm on your car??

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
crdcz03 said:

then look at my bay

damn craig, I think thats the first time Ive seen your engine bay. its clean as hell :tu

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
then it would be in lamborghini/ferrari/lotus/saleen(S7, not the rustang)/mclaren territory :bounce

:hehe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.