Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking through pics on google to get inspiration for my next project, the main thing i want to do is keep it clean

then i spotted this

has anyone done this on here and if so how much work is involved ?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
badass

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Alot. You pull the harness back through the firewall, route the headlight harness through the door grommets inside the fender, the engine harness comes out underneath the heater core and snakes to all the components (of course it is stripped from its bulky shell) all holes are welded then the bay is blocked and massaged smooth. Fuse box should be inside as the harness was pulled back, brake and clutch lines run inside and pop out as close to thier targets as possible, and anything "unnesecary" is tossed. Thats an extremly basic rundown.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
commador said:
Alot. You pull the harness back through the firewall, route the headlight harness through the door grommets inside the fender, the engine harness comes out underneath the heater core and snakes to all the components (of course it is stripped from its bulky shell) all holes are welded then the bay is blocked and massaged smooth. Fuse box should be inside as the harness was pulled back, brake and clutch lines run inside and pop out as close to thier targets as possible, and anything "unnesecary" is tossed. Thats an extremly basic rundown.
...daaamn!

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
that one civic said:
damn, i really miss my EG now! :( :cry
Dude, we tried doing a tuck to Hoffmans BD, but damn..hahaha. Civics are so much easier. :D

Things we were going to do, move underhood fusebox inside fender. Couldnt do it. Why? Instead of all the connections on the box being plugs, ALL the relays are hardwired, and I dont feel like de-pinning 30+ wires.

Things that will be moved:

-washer bottle
-battery
-hoses and harness relocated
-misc brackets removed

It will look alot cleaner, but without cutting into the sheetmetal there isnt much else to be done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts