Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's my question

I have a D15b6 out of a 91 HF, putting it into my HF. I have the Si engine and dash harness in the car, as the car was swapped with a D16a6 but that died.

Anyway, everything is the same on the D15 except that it has the EGR valve on it.

Instead of getting the whole new harness, shouldnt I be able to get the plug, and run wires straight from that to my PM8?

Does anyone know what pins you connect the wires to on the ECU plug in? And does anyone have an EGR male plug so I could attempt this?

· Registered
417 Posts
yes, you can run the EGR wires direct - there are 3 wires at the EGR valve, yellow, yellow/white and green/white - the yellow wire runs to ECU pin C8 - the yellow/white wire is the 5V reference signal - you can connect it to the yellow/white from the TPS or from the PA sensor, which is behind the dash on the passenger side kick panel - all of these yellow/white wires connect together in the harness and end up at ECU pin C13 - the green/white wire is the sensor ground - you can connect it to the green/white from the TPS or from the coolant temp sensor on the end of the head or the PA sensor or the ignition timing jumper connector - all of these green/white wires connect together inside the harness and end up at ECU pin C12

the EGR also has a control solenoid in the control box on the firewall - it has 2 wires, red and black/yellow - the connector is combined with the connector for the purge control solenoid, which is also in the control box - the red wire runs to ECU pin A10 and the black/yellow is power - do you still have the wiring for this?

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, you can run the EGR wires direct - there are 3 wires at the EGR valve, yellow, yellow/white and green/white - the yellow wire runs to ECU pin C8 - the yellow/white wire is the 5V reference signal - you can connect it to the yellow/white from the TPS or from the PA sensor, which is behind the dash on the passenger side kick panel - all of these yellow/white wires connect together in the harness and end up at ECU pin C13 - the green/white wire is the sensor ground - you can connect it to the green/white from the TPS or from the coolant temp sensor on the end of the head or the PA sensor or the ignition timing jumper connector - all of these green/white wires connect together inside the harness and end up at ECU pin C12

the EGR also has a control solenoid in the control box on the firewall - it has 2 wires, red and black/yellow - the connector is combined with the connector for the purge control solenoid, which is also in the control box - the red wire runs to ECU pin A10 and the black/yellow is power - do you still have the wiring for this?
Wow, thats a ton of info, thanks.

Well, I did discover I dont have this control solenoid I dont think. I'll have to check this weekend and get a pic, but I'm pretty sure my car only has Si emissions solinoids on the firewall. So I may need to find this as well.

Just to check, basicly what you said, is the yellow EGR wire runs to ECU pin c8

the yellow/white can connect to the same color wire comming off of the TPS sensor and one other

And the green white ground can go to the TPS sensor and a few others

So there is essentially one wire I run directly to the Pm8? The others I can connect to other sensors before the ECU because they wind up in the same place?

Also, I am missing the end that pluggs into the EGR solinoid. I only have the plug that runs off the manifold, cant remember if its male or female, but I'll have to try and find a connector that fits that.

· Registered
417 Posts
there are 2 parts in the control box on the HF firewall that you need for the EGR - they are the EGR control solenoid valve and the constant vacuum control (CVC) valve shown in the attached picture - also attached is vacuum line diagram - the connector from the chassis harness to the EGR solenoid and purge solenoid is different on the Si/DX and HF

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again, thanks for the help. I'm pretty sure in addition to the wireing, I need the CVC and and EGR and purge now? do I need a different MAP sensor or should that remain the same?

Because the one on the manifold is just the EGR Solenoid.

It'll be a challenge to hunt these down, I'll see what the car parts store can do.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyway you can remove the system and have the engine run decently? I realize removing it will not net me as great of fuel economy, but how how much are we talking?? It may be cheaper and easier to remove it if I' missing almost the whole system.

I'll have to see if anyone selling an HF swap has any of the emissions control equipment available.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you could run it without the EGR but the PM8 ECU would throw a Check Engine Light with a code 12 - you could use a PM6 ECU but it may run a little rich
yeah, thats what I was wondering, but I thought it might be rich given the different fuel maps.

Well, I may have a few leads on the "cluster fuck" box as some call it:hehe

But, if I can get everything in there for a reasonable price, I should be able to bolt it in, wire it up, and plug in the vac lines and be set to go with the wireing info u described.

I'll take pics this weekend when I'm out working on the car, and post them, see if you cant tell me whats up, or if I'm doing it wrong.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only good pics I have right now are these:

A pic of the EGR valve: (The only piece of the system I believe I have)

and a pic of the motor bay, notice where the box would be, Believe its all Si.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well as an update, I got the emissions gear from an HF, mounted up the vac. lines easy enough.

As you said earlier, I know how to wire in the EGR plug, but there is a diffrent plug in from the HF to Si for one of the wires coming out of the emissions control box. can I just put the correct fitting on the end? Do I have to run different wires? I'll get a pic next time I can, but there is a black circular plug and a white boxy plug. I think the Si has 2 prongs, this other one has 4?? Anyone know what this plug is called, or what I have to modify to get it to work?

Seems the only 2 things I need to change/add are the EGR plugin, and the changing of this plug.

Any help is appreciated, this is the last hurdle involved in getting this damn thing working.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
anyone not sure what I mean?? or did I make myself clear enough, I just kinda thought about that.

The black plug fit fine, its the white one that does not seem to line up, in addition to me needing to add the EGR wires. The plugs I'm talking about are the plugs that come out of the emissions control box on the firewall, thats where these 2 plugs reside. The plug into the chassis harness near the pass. side strut tower, just behind the small fuse box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.