Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some reason both e-fans (rad. fan and a/c fan) do not work when hooked up to factory wiring, they do how ever work when i hook them up to battery. my question is....

can i wire the fans together (positive wire to positive wire) then run 1 single wire to a toggle switch then to the battery or should i run each fan independantly with 2 toggle switches and then on to the battery with 2 leads?

my main concern is not to lower the load on each fan but if nothing changes that is cool. please let me know ASAP cause i need to wire these before it gets dark. Thanx..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DAMN THIS FORUM IS SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW

ok well i finished up and they run very very good! keeps the car very cool since both fans run at the same time. it feels like a box fan HEHE...

heres just a few pix of what i did to hook them up, making new connections running wire and hooking up a toggle switch and a warning light...

·
Registered
25 Posts
91BLKTEG said:
DAMN THIS FORUM IS SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW

ok well i finished up and they run very very good! keeps the car very cool since both fans run at the same time. it feels like a box fan HEHE...

heres just a few pix of what i did to hook them up, making new connections running wire and hooking up a toggle switch and a warning light... QUOTE]

91BLKTEG,
I know that I am still a noob but wiring is one thing that I do really well. And I am in no way doging your work. Just alittle insite that may help. Did you just ground the fans then splice in a switch in the +12v wire that you ran. Please say you didn't :noo . If you did. Click on this link to my photo bucket.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f54/magimerlin/electrical/relay1.jpg
This is a negetive wired relay. You are basically interupting (breaking) the +12v sorce with a relay and controling it, relay, with a switch. The switch goes on, grounding the relay which allows the +12v to go through the relay to the fans. And just the opposite when the switch is off. This pic was part of a write up from a fuel cutoff switch but will work on any 12v application.This is a much better way to wire anything 12v that pulls alot of amps(like e-fans) or just any +12v in general. You need to put in a relay. This is the safest way to wire it. You will also give the fans the power that they need to run right. And to many amps going through a switch can cause it to melt and cause a fire. Keep in mind that this is just going to go on the +12v wire, the fans themselves still need to be grounded. Just my .02 cents anyways. Any questions feel free to shoot them my diection.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well every things held up so far and ive had them running pretty much all of the 100 miles ive put on. the fans are blowing really well keeping the car cool. i know about the relay's tho, im running 2 of them in my s10 for air suspension. the switch is made really well. think i paid somewhere around $15 for it, unlike the cheap switches u can get for $6 bucks.

thanx for the insite tho, prec. that ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.