Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm supposed to wire up this guys indiglo shift knob and install a short shifter and indiglo gagues in his 95 LS. The shift knob didnt come with any instructions. There are two wires going from the knob that i assume hook to this other thing with a fuse box type of thing on it, then im guessing the wires coming off the fuse box go to power and ground. Anyone know about this. If so, what wires should i use to hook them to. Thanks for any help!

· Registered
14,616 Posts
just tell him that shit is lame and to wire it up himself. maybe he'll fuck his car up and there will be one less ricer on the streets for a day or two..

nah but really i can't help you and this is the wrong forum. good luck and please slap him for me.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize that glow shift knobs are totally rediculous, but its not mine, and i wouldnt let one near my car. Anyways, im getting paid to do all this stuff because my mom paints cars, and she is doing a full body kit and color change from red to black, and he has all this other gay stuff that he wants put on, so im gonna do all that and make some $$$. Any help is appreciated, but I'll just try stuff till the damn thing works i guess. Later~

· Registered
351 Posts
I would assume you would wire them to your headlights, because that's probably when you would want that GAY Light on anyway right? at night, when you can show your "true colors." - pun intended.

I don't know what the wiring diagram looks like without my helms, but I'm sure you can ask any installer, they'll probably know it off the top of their head. (probably won't tell you if you tell them it's for hooking up a gay in the dark shift knob though).

· Registered
6,716 Posts
Hey hey, tell him to get the LED exhaust tip too.
O and the LED valve stems........and LED screws.........nozzle lights.........and hmmm.....lemme rice wut else?
O yea, i almost forgot, tell him to buy the Indiglo emblems too.
lolz
I THOUGHT the indiglo shifters were somewhat cool when they came out, also the Nozzle lights but damn.........after seeing them on every car with NO mods at all, and just seeingg them on someone elses car.............i immediately changed my whole viewpoint.
It's soooo........tacky? It's not needed and theres much better stuff to be had for the price of these silly lights

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys, but i dont think you quite understand. This isn't your average glow-knob. Its a 100% JDM titanium shift knob. The top lights up in blue with "Type R" written in japanese. Dont be fooled by cheap imitations. Anyways, i think im gonna wire it to the cig. lighter, It comes on with the key and i dont think it matters if it glows whenever the car is on. Its not mine, so i dont care. ~Later~

· Registered
1,142 Posts
okay... i have a wiring diagram that someone else on sho used for a similar shift knob. let me up it to my server and post for you to see:

is this the knob he's having you install? cuz it actually looks alright. . .

however, if the one he wants has "type r" light up...then :rolleyes: heh

hope this helps you

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks!

Haha, i was just messin around with the JDM titanium and all that. This knob is really dumb looking, not like the ones posted at all. But thanks for the wiring diagram, i'll try to post a pic once its finished. Later~

· Registered
84 Posts
Use the red wire with a black stripe for your power. It's your interior lights. The closest one would be on the back of the cig. lighter or on top of the ash tray. Hope that helps man.

· Registered
259 Posts
without reading anyone elses response.....
oMFG!! a glow shift knob..... thats worse than ricey.... thats just ghey... oh... those break easily... dont expect to shift fast it might crack on ya ;)

· Registered
259 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
Hey hey, tell him to get the LED exhaust tip too.
O and the LED valve stems........and LED screws.........nozzle lights.........and hmmm.....lemme rice wut else?
O yea, i almost forgot, tell him to buy the Indiglo emblems too.
lolz
I THOUGHT the indiglo shifters were somewhat cool when they came out, also the Nozzle lights but damn.........after seeing them on every car with NO mods at all, and just seeingg them on someone elses car.............i immediately changed my whole viewpoint.
It's soooo........tacky? It's not needed and theres much better stuff to be had for the price of these silly lights
lol i seen those exhaust LED's... jesus what else are they gonna make for these people?! light up steering wheel!! woohoooo!

· Registered
309 Posts
you have two choices.

You can wire it to the cig lighter, and that will be on with the ignition.

OR

You can wire the ground anywhere, and put the positive lead to your fuse box: Use the post labeled #2 under your dash. It is +12v power, switched with your headlights... (well, your parking lights, to be technical).

That means, whenever you flip your lights on (parking or head) the knob will be on.

Hope it helps..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.