Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

im finally gettin my engine in a week or two, and i have some final concerned thoughts about some things. ok well the basic installation of the swap doesnt worry me its the WIRING, and since i am gettin a front clip that has an intact harness and ecu(yet its RHD) are there any problems that i will be running into with routing the wiring? also since the front clip is of an EG i wont have to do any mods to the mounts, is this correct? Finally do i have to upgrade my fuel pump since my car is CX?

PS any other things that i should be concerned about for the swap?

capn

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
you will have to flip the harness and get creative when it comes to the battery wiring, since you are getting the clip you might as well just swap the front and rear crossmembers and use all the EG mounts that you are getting, you do not have to upgrade your fuel pump, i am using a STOCK HF fuel pump on my b18a swap in my rex

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i have read some more articles on swaps and am just gettin more confused. the CX isnt prewired for vtec correct? but does it matter since im getting a new harness?? is it hard to take out the harness? im going to have to get a new fly wheel and clutch, so what is the best clutch price?( i have already found a nice price on a flywheel)

also are there any tune up issues that i need to addresss before i start the engine up and so on?

capn

·
Registered
303 Posts
Beleive me the best thing to do is unhook the harness at the shocktowers. Remove the engine then remove all the sensors. It is possible to get it out with the engine in but its a bitch. With the engine i would replace at least the timing belt and if you have the money the water pump and all plugs, plug wires and easily accesible gaskets. As far as clutches go i got mine from
http://www.eclutchmaster.com/

their prices are good

·
Registered
398 Posts
temp that stitch doll is TIZZIIIGGHHHT!

anyway...i think about the wiring harness...it won't work because if it's from a RHD it will want to put the ECU at either your left or right foot...(i think left) so unless you wanna extend that beotch...just wire for VTEC...there are a lot of threads out there that talk about this...just search...hope this helps a little. peace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.