Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I wired up my alarm system but I'm not too sure how to wire my starter cut relay to my ignition. Does anyone know how? Please help if you can. Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
relays

Ok, there are a few ways to wire it. Mainly depends on what brand of alarm you have. If the alarm came with a relay socket, with 3 wires, a red a white and an orange : Then cut the starter wire, connect the red wire to the switch side of the starter wire, and the white to the starter side. Then the orange connects to the starter kill (-) output on the alarm.

If the alarm did not come with a prewired socket the (using the wire colors above (hook the red wire to pin 30 and a jumper from 30 to 85 terminals. Then hook the white wire to pin 87a and the orange wire to pin 86.

hope this helps
Adam

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I kind of understand it. My alarm system is an Alpine and this is how my relay is. 87 (red/white - normally open), 87A (red/yellow - normally closed, 30 (red - to key), yellow wire to ignition switch. and the other two are to the alarm.

·
Registered
103 Posts
This is how it should be wired:

85 - Ignition (usually yellow)
86 - Ground-while-armed (usually orange)
30 - One side of starter wire (should be black w/ white stripe)
87a - Other side of starter wire (which you cut in half)

·
Registered
120 Posts
good !

I'm assuming you have the CRX wiring diagram, if not, let me know and i'll give it to you....

Good luck
Adam

·
Registered
120 Posts
ok, this will work on any 88-91 honda civic
Constant 12v - White/Black
Ignition 12v - Black/yellow
Starter - Black/White
Dome light - Green/red (-)white connector @ fuse box
Trunk pin - Green/black (-) @ hatch
Parking lights - Red/green (+) @ headlight switch
IF doing a remote starter------
Tach - Blue @ coil
Ignition 2 - yellow
Ign - Blue/white
Acc. White/red
Neutral safety (auto) green or green/whit @ swith below console
brake light - Green/ White @ switch above brake pedal
reverse light - green/black @ switch below console.

Hope this helps !!
Adam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.