Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a daily driven 2000 honda civic si I live in Nor Cal it is very hot in summer and has its fair share of rain in winter and I am looking to buy some tires size 205/45/16 witch one of these is better?

Toyo Proxy 4's

Yokahama AVS ES100's

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
What are the DOT UTQG ratings on each of them? :confused

Road noise is somewhat subjective IMHO, so I think the UTQG would be a good stat upon which to begin your purchase determination by.

If the numbers are somewhat similar then I'd go with the brand I just felt more comfortable with, liked the look of the tread pattern, etc.

But lfirst ook up their UTQG ratings.:nod

·
Registered
5 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
But lfirst ook up their UTQG ratings.:nod

personally I like Proxy's, but that's an opinion. Personal comfort is definitely an issue. Plus, you can be driving daily and some ass pulls up thinking he's big and bad and you just may want to squash his little pipe dreams. better prepared than sitting in the smoke at the line, right? :rolleyes

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
here are the specs for the toyo proxes:

Load Capacity:1201
Performance Rating: W
Maximum PSI: 50
Tire Weight:19
Overall Diameter: 23.3
UTQG Rating: 300 AA A
Section Width: 8.3

here are the specs for the avs es100

Load Capacity: 1201
Maximum PSI: 50
Overall Diamter: 23.3
UTOG Rating: 280 AA A
Section Width: 8.3

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
toyos have my vote. i have the t1r's and they are still very stable and have good traction in wet weather. they have a slightly better tread wear rating as well (300 i think it said in the specs that you provided)

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
The Proxes 4's are a little more all-season-ish than the ES100s, while the ES100s will have the performance edge. If I'm not mistaken, the TL comes with Proxes 4's and the A-spec version comes with ES100s - that should tell you something. I absolutely love my ES100s... great wet and dry traction, comfort/noise, and very reasonable wear.

·
Registered
107 Posts
well...i'd recommend some 205/45/16 BFG G-forece TA KDW NT for your car, ive been running them hard for a year, and i still have tread for a year or more STILL! but i love these tires. like a 300 treadwear, tration A, Temperature A. tire max is like 44 or 50 psi, but i never go that high. highly rec. these tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.