Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well there has been lots of snow and ice in virgina and everyone knows what that means.. drifting :clap it was my first time ever this week and its been great besides almost getting stuck in a ditch lol has anyone else been drifting in the winter weather??

·
Registered
259 Posts
of course i have been. my buddy was drifting his teg and broke his exhaust on a curb!!lol

·
Registered
466 Posts
Drifting???

Drifting is for rear wheel drive cars only, front wheel drive just do power slides. And what you fools are doing is sliding around, not drifting.

·
Registered
259 Posts
gmusquiz said:
Drifting is for rear wheel drive cars only, front wheel drive just do power slides. And what you fools are doing is sliding around, not drifting.
YEAH sorry you are right!! its not really drifting, it is only the feeling of drifting. it is impossible to "drift" with a front wheel drive car.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I live in Canada, its always icey and covered in snow, so I "slide" around in my civic everyday. Fun stuff, like a pro. A pro at sliding that is, HAHA. (sarcasm; anyone can slide around on ice)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
well there has been lots of snow and ice in virgina and everyone knows what that means.. drifting it was my first time ever this week and its been great besides almost getting stuck in a ditch lol has anyone else been drifting in the winter weather??
lol that was fun as fuck dude. even though it isn't really drifting, it's more like....ass drag.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
i went last nite and i'm going again today.
awd+ rear LSD+ 4 season tires = lots of fun.
be safe out there and watch out for curbs.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
i do it all the time, its so much fun.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Those dents arent from sliding I do belive. I only slide around in BIG OPEN lots. I guess after you really have gotten stuck with the front of your car buried in a snow bank you kinda freak out when your car gets a little squirley on the road. :(

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yea, Canada is sweet for "sliding around" pull the ebrake and slide at ur lil hearts content. i usually head to a walmart parking lot and give'r shit!! it sweet, next time some of u guys go out see how long u can slide directly sideways. its fun, and challenging!

·
Registered
868 Posts
well where i am in new england, our parking lots have roads around the outsive. my friends and i go around the whole mall drifting, and it is drifting, just as long as it isn't one turn, combine the turns and slides. how is it not drifting? as anyone seen the falken civic drift? it's not the same as rwd, but neither is awd, just b/c it's not rwd doesn't mean it's not drifting :confused

edit: just b/c we have to pull the ebrake doesn't mean it's not drifting, don't hate on yourselves! :D

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
drifting is a powerslide. How is locking up the rear wheels power sliding? It isnt, its just regular sliding, or assdragging.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts