Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dc header.. $200.. worth buying?

friend has a spare jdm h22 in his garage.. w/a dc 4-2-1 ceramic header on it.. said he'll sell me the header for 200... i noe dc isn't that good of a header... n some ppl w/them i herd the ceramic ones crack n shit.. there basically brand new.. 50 miles on it.. he did h22 swap into his accord.. but had to swap it back out.. it has 1 minor dent on collector.. not that noticable... so would they be worth 200 dollars of mine? rite now i jst have i/h and soon some aem pullies... wutcha ya'll think??

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd only get it if he sold it for $100. DC headers arent that great, the collector needs to be modified for decent gains. The bracket always cracks, I havent really heard of the header itself cracking.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
i think they are pretty good. The dyno also agrees. Of course it doesn't have the best gains but they aren't bad.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
97lude said:
i think they are pretty good. The dyno also agrees. Of course it doesn't have the best gains but they aren't bad.
but for 200, would that be a good deal? i tried talking him down to 150... he said no.. b/c it cost him 3bills.. n there pratically brand new.. can't blame him... he'll proly go like 175-180 n a bowl of pho..

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
jokerz said:
but for 200, would that be a good deal? i tried talking him down to 150... he said no.. b/c it cost him 3bills.. n there pratically brand new.. can't blame him... he'll proly go like 175-180 n a bowl of pho..
tell him 150 and a bowl of pho and some banh bao and goi cuon. :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
not worth it for $200

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is the jdm stock header, same as usdm stock header? have ne gains over usdm? he said 50 for full jdm exhuast manifold..

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
jokerz said:
is the jdm stock header, same as usdm stock header? have ne gains over usdm? he said 50 for full jdm exhuast manifold..
not worth the money to put another stock header on, IMO again

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
98Vtec said:
not worth the money to put another stock header on, IMO again
do they have gains over the usdm ones? or they basically the same thing.. jst one is jdm n one is usdm?

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
jokerz said:
do they have gains over the usdm ones? or they basically the same thing.. jst one is jdm n one is usdm?
i dont really know exactly.....but its not gonna be anything noticeable.......DC would put down more hp.

·
Registered
238 Posts
97lude said:
aren't bad? the opening on the downpipe is smaller than oem.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
98Vtec said:
i dont really know exactly.....but its not gonna be anything noticeable.......DC would put down more hp.
hmmm.... 50 bucks isn't that much... there jst laying around.. maybe i'll try to say 20 n he can have my usdm ones... :D

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
jokerz said:
hmmm.... 50 bucks isn't that much... there jst laying around.. maybe i'll try to say 20 n he can have my usdm ones... :D
personally its a waste of money. Thats a full tank of gas. Food for a few days.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
98Vtec said:
personally its a waste of money. Thats a full tank of gas. Food for a few days.
true that.... gas is gettin more expensive.. blah... at least where i live.. 2.45.... maybe he'll jst wanna trade for free.. n i'll do the labor..

·
Registered
665 Posts
nah, ur better off with a new one for $240 with a warranty and the pride of saying u have a new header and not one ur friend bought, that way he cant say "bro thats my header" when you comment on the sweet sound of ur car. some advice tho, if u get a DC, get a stainless steel.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ganjgremlin said:
nah, ur better off with a new one for $240 with a warranty and the pride of saying u have a new header and not one ur friend bought, that way he cant say "bro thats my header" when you comment on the sweet sound of ur car. some advice tho, if u get a DC, get a stainless steel.
the stainless steel btr than the ceramic? haha, my homie dunt live around me.. so he wouldn't be complimenting me on how good my car sounds.. moved off to texas after he graduated frm uti. to go through mercedes program... maybe i will jst save up n get ss dc header... would 4-1 b btr for an ss lude?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
98Vtec said:
iono.. jst so i can say i have jdm header.. haha... :p ... iono... to ppl that dunno much bout cars (lot of my friends), they would act as if it were greddy or something.. haha.. but i prolly save my money n time to get ss dc header.. or another kind. i was looking at kteller.com at there custom made header.. there hella expensive... mite as save up n get mugen or jun header

1 - 20 of 54 Posts