Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need some serious advice: I currently own a stock 94 civic with 121000 miles on it with the check engine and ABS lights are on. Is it worth modifying it?

I'm planning on starting with a short ram intake then a catback and eventually turbo charge it. But the turbo is kinda iffy. So should I spend the money on the mods or is it just a waste. Thanks for the help!
PS: The check engine light dosent go away - I've tried reading the codes etc. nothing works, so I just left it on and forgot about it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
WORTH IT? WELL I GUESS THAT'S UP TO YOU... BUT I WOULD SAY NOT ON THAT ENGINE, I PERSONALLY WOULD GO FOR THE B16/18 SWAP AND THEN YOU'LL HAVE A GOOD STARTING POINT, IF YOU CANT AFFORD THE SWAP RIGHT AWAY MAYBE DO MODIFICATIONS THAT WOULDN'T BE GONE WHEN YOU SWAP THE MOTOR LIKE INTERIOR, CAT-BACK EXHAUST, SUSPENSION EXC EXC, BUT I DON'T THINK A TURBO WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE AT ALL CONSIDERING YOU COULD PROBABLY GET A NEW MOTOR FOR AROUND THE SAME PRICE

·
Registered
94 Posts
What he said.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
zecro said:
Hi, I need some serious advice: I currently own a stock 94 civic with 121000 miles on it with the check engine and ABS lights are on. Is it worth modifying it?

I'm planning on starting with a short ram intake then a catback and eventually turbo charge it. But the turbo is kinda iffy. So should I spend the money on the mods or is it just a waste. Thanks for the help!
PS: The check engine light dosent go away - I've tried reading the codes etc. nothing works, so I just left it on and forgot about it.
change the abs relay...go get a chiltons manual for the how-to. I mean damn, it's only a $16.00 book and invaluable at that.

then, pop off the positive battery cable for about 15 minutes and see if the engine light doesn't reset itself. If after this, it comes back on, just face the facts and take the car to somewhere that can properly read codes and get them to check it and say what it is, then come back here and post what they found so we can help you fix it....

I mean damn, why are you running around with a check engine light anyway!?!? you realize it could be DUE to low oil pressure...um no OIL....damn dude....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, appreciate the suggestions, I'll start looking for a new engine, any ideas where the swap would be cheap? As far as my check engine light goes - I had the codes run already, came to be O2 sensors had those changed and didnt help, tried resetting it manually - battery terminals etc. didnt help either, and thats when I gave up on it - the next step according to my mechanic would be a new ecu chip or something off that sort. But thanks again all!!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
To zecro

Is your car a ex,dx,cx ect.. and is it a hatch sedan, coupe?

·
Registered
471 Posts
doesn't a 94 ex have a z6. if you want a new motor beacuase the check engine light is on, i say fix and keep that motor. The wires from the harness to the connector on the o2 could have fallen out.
That what happened on a gsr i was working on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts