Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a PIII 500Mhz right now. Ive got about $100 laying around and was thinking about picking up a Celeron 1.7 Ghz and mobo. You guys think its worth it to downgrade to a Celeron but upgrade to 1.7 Ghz?

· Banned
3,307 Posts
they can say what they want..but i'm pretty sure a 1.7 will out perform a 500 :rolleyes:

the thing is..will the ram you have now work in the new motherboard...and will you have to buy any new components because of the new mobo? gotta think about that kind of stuff ahead of time

· Banned
3,307 Posts
i just got to thinking..i know you want a faster computer and all..we all do..

my reccomendation is to wait until winter (feb) not only will new chips be out...but you'll have enough to completely upgrade ur computer ;)

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
You should be able to upgrade that comp itself to like a 1ghz chip...or whatever top of the line pIII chip. You might need to look into it and talk to some comp shops , but it should pop right in....

If not get one of those adapters....you could get some pretty fast stuff.

Also if not you can get a new case , mobo , ram and like a p4 2.0ghz for like 300bucks. Cant beat that shit and these cases are like artwork , lights inside them , clear sides , black , blue , aluminum....makes alienware stuff look like shizzat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.