Votes: 0 0.0%
  • standard

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically is it more viable to modify my existing motor(b16a), fit a b18c or go all the way and throw in h22a. What would be the best allround motor, i do a bit of dragging. hillclimbs and street driving.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
James NZ said:
i do a bit of dragging. hillclimbs and street driving.
Excuse me??? you hillclimb in ur teg? Get some piece of shit to hillclimb ... if you're gonna use a car ... use it for the right reasons, unless your teg is a beater ... in that case, hillclimb away. But I'd say b18c or h22a ... They're both good ... b18c would be a much easier swap, and you could have ur power shit without having to buy extra packages and doing extra work to keep it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re:hillclimbs

Here in new zealand you need a decent car to hillclimb, wot do you call hill climbing? here we close a section of road, normally tarmac, and fastest time up the hill wins. minimum of ten corners and two km in length... wots involved in b18c swap?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
ohhhhhhhhh ok ... well what i thought u meant by hillclimbing is this:
Find a mountain, or hill (not paved ... dirt, grass, gravel whatever) and try to make it up the hill. Its usually fourwheelers and dirt bikes and stuff ... you kinda scared me there for a lil bit.

I'm not 100% sure what all is involved in the b18c swap ... but its basically you take the engine, tranny, ecu (all the other parts you'd usually take to do a swap) and replace your old engien with it.... its supposedly extremely easy as far as swaps go (in civics anyway) and is a hell of a lot easier than doing a h22a swap ... plus you can keep you power steering, a/c all that stuff

Do a search on it and you'll find other info ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts