Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... my accord is payed off, and I plan on buying a "fun" car to drive as a weekend driver... and the s2000 came to mind. I test drove one at a local dealership. They let me test drive it (and really drive it too :clap ) and it was a blast. Race car feel, throaty sound, sexy acceleration. The thing is though, I was wondering if I buy it if I'll regret getting it over a 350z (or any other comparible car)

So, I'd like your opinion(s) on if it would be a good "weekend" car to get, it'll be a second car that sits in the garage (my 99 accord sedan will be my work/school ride)

Thanks~!

edit: oh yea, i wanna know if they hold their value too, i'm never satisfied so i wouldn't doubt if i'm wanting something new in a year lol

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I think you'll like it more than a 350Z or something comparable... it's a badass ride, and if you're gonna keep it garaged most of the time, don't mod it and it should hold it's value pretty well.

I'd think you'd probably be happier with an 03+ model, as the 00-01 had a few minor problems that got fixed in 02-03 (plastic rear window, clutch buzz, and carpeted center console... 02 got a glass rear window, fixed clutch, and 03 got the leather center console)

either way, it's a nice ride, and you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Buy it youll never regret, even if you smash it on the highway :p

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome, the s2k it is, and hey, girls dig roadsters =D

as far as performance, i know most bolt-ons don't yield much power since it's a highly tuned motor from the factory... but i hear talk of superchargers... vortech and comptech... do they run much faster after spending a few grand on forced induction or are they not worth modding at all?

thanks!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
it's always worth modding... you may not really need to go big with power, as like you said it's already highly tuned from the factory... but a little suspension work and a couple power adders can't hurt.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i surfed around s2k.i and saw that the comptech s2000's are pretty fast, saw some vids / timeslips and i'm very impressed... that might be the route i take, i know i can afford the car, but the fi might have to wait :p

·
Registered
665 Posts
I would go with the S over the Z. Like clone said it will hold its value. I got a 02 S. Last year that they made it rev up to 9k. It does have the glass rear window, but it is still hard to see out of. And my 02 has a leather center console.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.