Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 honda civic dx sedan and I was wondering if I took the header off a d16y8(or aftermarket header) and put it on my car and mounted it to an aftermarket exhaust system. Do you think it would be too loud to drive since I wouldn't have a catalytic converter. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Sorry, I failed english.....a lot

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
no it wouldnt be too loud. but all this depends on how loud you want your car. try and find some vids of exhausts u think sound good and we can go from there.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
riceboy89 said:
no it wouldnt be too loud
i'm sorry but i disagree. aftermarket header, no catalytic converter and larger diameter catback = LOUD.
and in most cases it will be raspy at certain rpm's unless its a brand name catback which has a built in resonator (before the muffler).

·
Registered
4,975 Posts

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
It all depends, My mustang can be heard from the other end of town but I don't think it is loud enough :D but I have never got pulled over for it being to load and if I did I would tell them to STFU because I have mufflers, they are just 3in in and out :D

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
ATISTANG said:
It all depends, My mustang can be heard from the other end of town but I don't think it is loud enough :D but I have never got pulled over for it being to load and if I did I would tell them to STFU because I have mufflers, they are just 3in in and out :D

lol yeah same here. i mean i guess my cars loud, but it seems just right for me. my friend got pulled over cuz his integra was so damn loud and he was trying to explain to the cop that his car revs higher since its a 4 cylinder. lol, didnt work. but yeah its all about personal choice.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
well loud is one thing, raspy is another. right now i have the stock y7 exhaust manifold with an apexi n1 cat-back(60mm, about 2.3"). it isn't raspy, its loud compared to some like the rsr mag or the world sport. but its not loud like some of the civics i've heard.

now i did try out a header, which speedjunky now has. it made the tone much deeper at lower rpm, but it got raspy once you gave it much gas. and the n1 has a fairly larger resonator in it already.

just make sure you get a good resonator to keep the raspiness down and you should be fine.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
klungemonger said:
If you get an Apexi World Sport with the stock Y8 header it should sound decent. deep, not too loud, and no raspiness.

or he could go the cheaper way and get a muffler converted to a catback exhaust. cheaper and a quieter, better sound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.