Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have talked to several performance shops that deal with turbos and most of them said to do a b18b? I think that this is what I'll go with. What is your all opinion?? What trubo should I run for daily driven?? Drag??? Also what vehicle does the b18b come from?? how much horspower should I get with biult internals and a good turbo with this motor?? I also do not want my motor to have a lot of turbo lag. I want it to get off of the line pretty quick.. I know that that is a lot of questions but I hope someone can answer them!! I'm so glad to be back here.

· Registered
10 Posts
I'd say u can get close to 250whp w/ good tuning on stock internals. If it was built...u can boost a lot more depending if u have the right fuel management.

As for the turbo. Go for the t3/t4. Full boost at 4500 rpm. IT sppools pretty quick. I like mine. B18b is a really good motor to turbo especially if u plan to keep it stock block.

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh and where I live in VA we have no emissions!! I love it. Cops just give tickets for altered suspension real bad though. Got a couple of them from my truck being bagged.

· Registered
320 Posts
I would rather turbocharge a B16A or a B18C1...but the B18B is still a great motor. If you upgrade your fuel and ignition systems, and get a tuning tool...with killer tuning, you can easily make upwards of 300hp with the stock internals.

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't think that turbos went good with high compression motors?? But oh well, I think I'll go with the ls.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
pretty quick? my full boost is at 2500 rpms.... hehe... just tells you how small the t-25 is..

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would a drage III kit be good for daily driving??? any turbo lag???? I don't have emissions so I don't have to worry about that. or should I just go with a t3 ot t4 like somone else said??

· Registered
353 Posts
super_civic said:
I didn't think that turbos went good with high compression motors?? But oh well, I think I'll go with the ls.
Nope they actually pump out more performance on high compression engines. Mat will tell you that hehehe ;)
Just that if they arent done properly they are not as safe. High CR is great for boost but not as safe if you dont know what you are doing.

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh, ok then so what turbo should I go with?? Also what intercooler??? I do want to much turbo lag and not be able to get off of the line fast. remember, this will be a daily driver

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.